Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: PPT Fraud- *Paging Greg Raymer*

You are correct I believe in your analysis. The semantics will vary based on venue.

However as to the disclaimer, and WPT covering their own ass....I would not say this is the case. Certainly based on my dealings it is not. The decision not to run these tournaments was willful and calculated when they couldn't find a sponsor.

I think the WPT made a bluff with the PPT they regret, and they feel the risk of a lawsuit is cheaper than holding their honor.

I believe this case doesn't get far if pressed. It gets to discovery and then game over, WPT folds in a settlement.
[ QUOTE ]
I am also sure the WPT had legal disclaimers about the possibility of cancellation of any WPT event, and the WPT not having any responsility in that case for players' travel expenses. I am sorry you lost money on tickets, but I think suing would just cost you more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM

This sounds a lot like a min buy going on about how I will go broke after I scoop them.

lol, min buy. Scoopissimo.

[ QUOTE ]

And please let us know when you go busto from spending money chasing this angle through the legal system.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are correct I believe in your analysis. The semantics will vary based on venue.

However as to the disclaimer, and WPT covering their own ass....I would not say this is the case. Certainly based on my dealings it is not. The decision not to run these tournaments was willful and calculated when they couldn't find a sponsor.

I think the WPT made a bluff with the PPT they regret, and they feel the risk of a lawsuit is cheaper than holding their honor.

I believe this case doesn't get far if pressed. It gets to discovery and then game over, WPT folds in a settlement.
[ QUOTE ]
I am also sure the WPT had legal disclaimers about the possibility of cancellation of any WPT event, and the WPT not having any responsility in that case for players' travel expenses. I am sorry you lost money on tickets, but I think suing would just cost you more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Greta Van Susterin.

Prop bet perhaps as to how this all ends?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:30 PM

PEOPLE WHO WRITE ABOVE TEH QUOTES TILT ME SO [censored] HARD AND I DON'T KNOW WHY CUZ IT SHOULDN'T MATTER TO ME!

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds a lot like a min buy going on about how I will go broke after I scoop them.

[ QUOTE ]

And please let us know when you go busto from spending money chasing this angle through the legal system.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2007, 04:55 PM

LOL, that's two things we agree on in 24 hours. WTF. How can RioGossiper not notice that NOBODY TOP-POSTS IN THESE FORUMS. HELLO?!?!?

[ QUOTE ]
PEOPLE WHO WRITE ABOVE TEH QUOTES TILT ME SO [censored] HARD AND I DON'T KNOW WHY CUZ IT SHOULDN'T MATTER TO ME!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]