Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 02:15 PM

Default NYC Visit - Labor Day

I'm headed to NY City for Labor Day weekend and am looking for some good suggestions for places to stay. We'd like to be in mid-town. We went last year and stayed at the W Court hotel on 39th and Lex for a wedding, and that was fine. We checked prices and it was about $320 there again, so we're looking for someplace new (and a little cheaper). I dont want to stay at a Travelodge, but I also dont need the Waldorf either. Any suggestions?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: NYC Visit - Labor Day

If you're looking for something in midtown that is centrally located, near some good restaurants and bars, and not overly expensive but not crappy either, I suggest the Grand Hyatt. I am not sure what the rates are now, but a couple years ago a room with a king bed was around $240 or $250. It might be more like $300 now. You'd be hard pressed to do much better than that in midtown Manhattan on Labor Day Weekend.

The Grand Hyatt is a good location, a solid place where you'll get good service, and not terribly expensive compared to the typical Manhattan hotel.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: NYC Visit - Labor Day

We ended up getting reservations at the Park Central Hotel at 7th Ave and 56th St (about 3 blocks from Central Park). It came recommended from a family friend, and we found decent rates for upgraded rooms ($220 per night) on their website. I figured that was a good price, and we wont be in our room too much anyway, so we went with it.

Tweety - thanks for the recs. We were going to book the Grand Hyatt based on yours and someone else's recommendation, but the cost is so much cheaper at the Park Central ($220 vs $439 per night) that we chose Park Central.

That all beind said, has anyone stayed at the Park Central?