Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

thank you, bustedromo. Excellent BR/psych analysis for all players.

It reminds me of Rounders and the argument between Mikey & Joey Knish. Mikey is the young hotshot who wants to be the best, so he risks his whole roll vs. Teddy KGB. Knish is the grinder who exercises proper BR management and makes a comfortable living, but he will never achieve glory.

Mikey needs to push the envelope, so he cannot grind. Different kinds of men play the game for different reasons. Younger men especially need to prove themselves and take outsized risks, which means they are much likelier to have meteoric rises and crashes. see: Icarus
Old 07-25-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you bustedromo. Your's are some of the most reasoned arguments ever put forth in NVG and make me much less ashamed I've slummed here for as long as I have.

I have the impression that all the young online players like Brian who had such meteoric ascents into the poker pantheon all did so in one of two fashions .. they either cheated their asses off multi-accounting and colluding or they had money to start with and played a super-aggressive style that paid very little heed to BR management and variance. In the case of the latter the laws of probability were bound to collide with that steep trajectory and slam it back down to earth. Without the humility or self discipline to abide by the BR spreads that at least somewhat minimize the havoc, these reckless kids never had a chance of holding onto their rolls.

Eric Lindgren must just be salivating reading all these busto threads.

Attention K-Mart shoppers .. we have a Blue Light Special on Ballas today..

[/ QUOTE ]

idiots like you are probably the most frustrating thing about this thread, just cause you can not comprehend the game at the same level as sb or guys that win for that matter you assume they cheated or colluded or w/e you want to cry about because your jealous, get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't assume anything. I'm just going by what ZeeJustin stated in his ever so noble mea culpa .. "my friends were all doing it".
Old 07-25-2007, 02:40 PM

your not assuming anything then why say it, you just need an excuse as to why people are succeeding and why you are not
Old 07-25-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your not assuming anything then why say it, you just need an excuse as to why people are succeeding and why you are not

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm +15PTBB/100 lifetime kid. And that's playing 4-12 tables.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:46 PM

lol some of the posts here remind me why the games are still so profitable, some people are so clueless.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 PM

Whatever is being posted about BT's bankroll being 10 or 15MM+ is not adding up.If he supposedly WON in Vegas in the Big Game,and is up 2MM+ in winnings this year alone as we speak,something aint making sense,when he himself posts that he has only 150k left in his FT account(where he plays 95% of his HU matches) due to being in the biggest downswing of his career.

And he will have to fund his account after taking some time off?

Either HE is full of it,or you guys live in lala land with these parabolic numbers being thrown around.

Which is it?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:29 PM

+15/100bb at what games .5/1 get off me like that is worth mentioning
Old 07-25-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm +15PTBB/100 lifetime kid. And that's playing 4-12 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

The e-penis has been swung. I declare this thread officially on.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
+15/100bb at what games .5/1 get off me like that is worth mentioning

[/ QUOTE ]
80 to 360 an hour not worth mentioning?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever is being posted about BT's bankroll being 10 or 15MM+ is not adding up.If he supposedly WON in Vegas in the Big Game,and is up 2MM+ in winnings this year alone as we speak,something aint making sense,when he himself posts that he has only 150k left in his FT account(where he plays 95% of his HU matches) due to being in the biggest downswing of his career.

And he will have to fund his account after taking some time off?

Either HE is full of it,or you guys live in lala land with these parabolic numbers being thrown around.

Which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it unpossible that he cashed out a few million but left $1.5million in and didn't think he would need to redeposit but now it's down to $150k and he will have too?