Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Trip Jacks against TAG on flushing board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fourth jack hit on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it back, this needs to be moved to BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the quality of the discussion here is fantastic. Is it this good all the time?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:32 PM

I think you're right. This is what I was thinking when reviewing the session later, that I'd played the flop weakly.

A smooth call of a big raise would tell me he had the flush, and depending on the action later I could draw to my outs if he gave me a good price, or fold knowing I was behind.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're right. This is what I was thinking when reviewing the session later, that I'd played the flop weakly.

A smooth call of a big raise would tell me he had the flush, and depending on the action later I could draw to my outs if he gave me a good price, or fold knowing I was behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never fold this in a RR pot. Raise flop and call push. As played raise turn. You will be against AA /KK with a diamond so much more often than the made flush. Even if you happen to run into a flush youll have 7 outs on the turn and ten on the river (giving you 33%ish equity in the pot, excluding redraws) assuming you get it in on the flop.

There is some seriously bad advice in this thread.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never fold this in a RR pot. Raise flop and call push. As played raise turn. You will be against AA /KK with a diamond so much more often than the made flush. Even if you happen to run into a flush youll have 7 outs on the turn and ten on the river (giving you 33%ish equity in the pot, excluding redraws) assuming you get it in on the flop.

There is some seriously bad advice in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone agrees that raising the flop would have been correct, but I disagree about raising the turn. At this point you want to make sure the river isn't another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and get in a valuebet if it isn't (and of course try to get stacks in if the board pairs).