Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: AQ 200 bb\'s deep

I like fix' line with the exception that I wouldn't raise all-in but flat call and check again on the river so that he can bluff his stack away. When we stack-a-donk on the turn, we allow villain to realize that we got the goods this time and allow him to play perfectly. If we flat call, he can still put us on AK and bet a smaller pair against us or make a desperate bluff.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:34 AM

FOLD, he has Queens full.

Check turn for pot control.

P.s. don't 3 bet AQo out of position vs what seems like a decent player when ur 200 bb deep. 100 is probably fine but 200 is bad. Ull get ouplayed too often cause of position.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Based on your read, this is about the worst flop for your hand. Why? Because you think your hand is strong and probably will felt this. When he calls c-bet (which is unusual for him), what do you put him on? I would ck. call all the way down, taking a lot of time to do this. He likes his hand a lot. (monster)
Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not go for some pot control and check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

because i think there is a fair chance my hand is good and i'd like to extract value. also, i'm OOP
Old 07-25-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.s. don't 3 bet AQo out of position vs what seems like a decent player when ur 200 bb deep. 100 is probably fine but 200 is bad. Ull get ouplayed too often cause of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strongly disagree. I 3bet here with any stack size. Sure we are OOP, but gaining control in the hand by taking innitiative preflop is very important, and flat calling in spots like these is one of the most common mistake losing players do. I'd say the FE alone makes up for a lot of the EV of the 3bet. Then we have the ability to cbet, control, image, profitable postflop situations, defining ranges (generally a bigger advantage for hero as a thinking player, than it is for villain who likely doesn't think as much in ranges). Flat calling is horrid IMO.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strongly disagree. I 3bet here with any stack size. Sure we are OOP, but gaining control in the hand by taking innitiative preflop is very important, and flat calling in spots like these is one of the most common mistake losing players do. I'd say the FE alone makes up for a lot of the EV of the 3bet. Then we have the ability to cbet, control, image, profitable postflop situations, defining ranges (generally a bigger advantage for hero as a thinking player, than it is for villain who likely doesn't think as much in ranges). Flat calling is horrid IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I am reraising pf to take control of the hand. If i miss on the flop, what am I doing everytime I CC pf? Check folding? weakkkk
Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 PM

Yeah villain could be raising a lot of weaker aces and other hands we beat preflop here, and on low flops his cbet will make us fold the best hand a lot on the flop if we just flat call preflop.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:32 PM

and also i just watched a CR video (signed up yesterday) and sbrugby talks about how he realized that one of the most important things in poker is taking the lead and agression agression agression. so obv. i think i'm right up there with sbrugby so the only reasonable play in my mind was to reraise pf here. lol
Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 PM

I think you're behind. His push on the deuce should tell you that. How could it have improved his hand?

Plus if he was sick of you c-betting him everytime, he might have been more likely to either raise the flop, or bet the turn (if you had checked.)