Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: How much would you pay to start with a doublestack in the Sun Million?

4cs,

Assuming Hero is properly rolled and capable of playing more than one tournament at once, I don't see how your arguments are relevant.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: How much would you pay to start with a doublestack in the Sun Mill

I'd pay more than twice as much.

Is my choice between buying a normal stack and buying a double stack or between buying a double stack and not getting to play? If the first, I'd pay like 600ish total.. if the second, I'd pay like 800.

That's with infinite bankroll and the assumption that I'm playing tournaments no matter what. In reality, I'd pay much less because I'd rather play cash.

Edit: Payout structure considerations are so amazingly tiny at the start of a tourney with a non-crazy payout structure.

Also, you guys should realize that you should be willing to pay more than 215 to enter the million... at least some of you should.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker
Default Re: How much would you pay to start with a doublestack in the Sun Million?

imo the ability to lose a coinflip or get coolered early and still have an avg stack is worth more than 2x the buy

i think i'd pay an extra 1.5 buyins maybe 2
Old 07-24-2007, 11:24 PM

Obviously I'd take the extra 10k chips. That tournament is so juicy that you really want to obtain as much equity in it as possible, basic logic of 'each subsequent chip is less valuable than first' blah blah blah need not apply here.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imo the ability to lose a coinflip or get coolered early and still have an avg stack is worth more than 2x the buy

i think i'd pay an extra 1.5 buyins maybe 2

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly my friend's opinion. He says he'd pay 2.5 times the total buy-in to start with a doublestack.

DCJ311,

Its not so much whether you want the extra 10K in chips but how much you would pay for them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the responses so far. More plz!

And what I'm getting at in all of this is based on the logic you'd pay 2.5 buyins to start with a doublestack, how can you afford to pass up a 40/60 early when you have just your original buy-in? Make sense?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:53 AM

its like a rebuy tourney then, of course a rebuy is worthing.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what I'm getting at in all of this is based on the logic you'd pay 2.5 buyins to start with a doublestack, how can you afford to pass up a 40/60 early when you have just your original buy-in? Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been a big believer in taking big chances early to grab the lead for some time now
Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what I'm getting at in all of this is based on the logic you'd pay 2.5 buyins to start with a doublestack, how can you afford to pass up a 40/60 early when you have just your original buy-in? Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been a big believer in taking big chances early to grab the lead for some time now

[/ QUOTE ]

And it seems to have worked alright for you nath.

So first hand of the million or a 109 you have the chance to take the ass end of a 40/60 for all of your chips you take it?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And it seems to have worked alright for you nath.

So first hand of the million or a 109 you have the chance to take the ass end of a 40/60 for all of your chips you take it?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's really a function of field size and structure... i.e. in a 1000-man 75BB turbo, yeah, all day. in the WPT Championship, no.

Keep in mind that I usually take spots that are worse than 40-60 when called but that I try to build a decent pot for and then push so I can have some solid FE.