Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: First day back: Three great lay downs or terrible folds?

I would so check the turn in hand 1.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:38 PM

hand 1 is a very good fold.
hand 2 you need to raise more on the turn, end of story. i wouldnt fold either but who knows.
hand 3 im torn. im really torn.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:15 PM

Hand 1: why do you need to bet the pot on the flop with no draws and when you have trips? I bet about half pot here hoping for a lookup from a king. After getting a full pot called though, you really should check the turn as he probably has trips as well and you probably behind (also you have a draw you could get blown off of, ie full house and flush). As for an push on the turn, I think it's crazy as people don't fold trips and that is what he has. You need some fold equity from a better trips for that move to be worth it. The river fold is fine.

Hand 2: When MP comes firing out on the turn after checking the flop, I'd probably just smoothcall to see what the BB does. There are no draws so everyone should have a made hand here (ie other sets or 46 for a straight, maybe 2 pair). You have position to control the river betting if you want more in. You did raise the turn however so BB is thinking you either raised the turn to check the river (ie you won't put more money in) or you raised out of strength and will call a big river bet but not necessarily a checkraise so he tried to get his best value with most likely a set by firing out.

Hand 3: you fired twice on a paired board so he knows you have trips. I'd fold to the turn raise unless this guy was a real moron. He checkraised the turn so is going to be firing big on the river so why put in $60 to fold.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:33 PM

I don't like hand 1, could be a good K or picked up FD which he bluffs with on the river.

I think, hand 2 is a good fold, really hard to see what he is cold calling the turn with and bets the river like this esp when there is a guy allin.

Hand 3 is the hardest one, against a fish...Could he really stack off with a Q like that?If he has trips you don't beat anything really because of your kicker.It's 50/50, i don't mind the fold but if you call you will see a lot of random crap.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3: Flopped trips #2

Vil in the hand is 55/20/1.5 over a 200 hand sample so he is fishy. At this point I hadn't done anything out of line.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $319.05
Hero (BB): $400.00
BTN: $380.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BTN folds, SB calls $2.00, Hero checks

Flop: ($8) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, SB calls $8.00

Turn: ($24) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $24.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $84.00</font>, Hero calls $60.00

River: ($192) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $223.05</font>, Hero folds

<font color="blue">I was torn in this hand with the missed draws and him being a big fish but surely if he was going to c/r a draw he'd do it on the flop rather than the turn. Also it being an un raised pot and my kicker having to play I feel its a fairly standard fold</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I never fold hand 3 against a fish. He completed his sb when it was folded to him. I see people do this sort of play all the time with AA/KK. If he's bad QdXd definitely could look like the nuts to him. Really big fish tend not to think about what you have, only what they have.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 PM

you play well.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:35 AM

Results.

Hand 1: Didn't show but pretty confident it was a right fold
Hand 2: He flopped the straight
Hand 3: He had J9 and showed the higher trips
Old 07-25-2007, 09:13 AM

1. check the turn, you have weak trips on a drawless board

2. meh id just call the turn your weak raise just bloats the pot. Your hand isnt that great on that board

3. i'd probably fold the turn, pretty big raise.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:26 AM

Ughh. Losing money in un-raised pots FTL. Just try not to get involved in big pots you limp in. You have no idea where you stand against most villains. If you have a specific read, thats different. But in general, I like to keep pots small in limped hands unless I hit something big like the nuts or top set.

Hand 2:
Ummm, villain is a fish? And you folded a set? There are so many hands you beat here. Any 2 pair, AJ, A7, missed draws, who knows. Also, I'd probably raise a real amount on the turn, not a min raise.
As played, I call the river.

Edit: OK, I see that stacks are deeper than I thought initially. Since the pot is almost an unraised pot, calling might be best on the turn. Might want to keep the pot small.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 AM

i like all folds. i raise preflop in hand #3 tho.