Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: WSOP ME Hand: TT facing an overbet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play that way. I won't make a play with a big pair I wouldn't make with something else. However, you see a lot of that in the $100r and similar tournaments where people will have bet size tells and so on when they have a big pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I didn't really think you'd make that play, or that you play that way at all, I was just using you as an example of a "thinking" player who I would feel is capable of making exploitave plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see anything in the description of villain that he is afraid of seeing a flop. And if he just wanted to take the pot, why not make it 3.5-6xBB.

I think there is a good chance this is JJ+, AK.

A lot of people will make some kind of play with a big pair that atleast in retrospect telegraphs what they have. I just don't see why that couldn't be what he is doing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

right. fold this one
Old 07-24-2007, 10:02 PM

"durrrrr I has ace ace but I want to come back for day 2 and not bust on the last hand omg omg, I'll just raise a whole lot and hope they all fold"
Old 07-24-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"durrrrr I has ace ace but I want to come back for day 2 and not bust on the last hand omg omg, I'll just raise a whole lot and hope they all fold"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's either this or a ridiculous lol last hand no one will ever call a normal raise but I'll raise 11x just to make sure with my crappy hand. Given that he's descibed as LAG/bluffy it might be the latter though my first instinct was what adanthar said. really depends on some kind of read of what level he's thinking on wrt the day ending.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 AM

i think maybe he has a small pair 22-77 so that he doesn't want to see a flop - lacks pot odds to go for a set. aces and bigger pairs make std raise (or maybe slow play??). the fact that it's last hand + large raise size = for this hand he doesn't want to see a flop. he figures the blinds will want 2 call it a day and fold and he just wants to make sure they have xtra motivation to fold. sm chance of premiums here. I like a push.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 AM

I don't think you can try and always figure out a random guys logic for making such a donk raise.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"durrrrr I has ace ace but I want to come back for day ..2"

[/ QUOTE ]

or

"shoot, I wasn't aggressive enough today. i'm going to steal the blinds one time with air. it's the last hand. they won't call. argh. what if they call? I know, I'll raise sky high and they'll fold."
Old 07-25-2007, 03:17 AM

the only problem with that is, you win 11K when you're right and lose about 35K when you're wrong.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:28 AM

super tough spot. i love to make this big raise before a break if i have LAG image with aa, kk and maybe qq to induce a shove from a middle pair. That being said i'm not convinced that this is the case here, but i'm not not convinced either. I def. think it's push or fold though. i think by calling we are going to fold way to many flops that we are ahead of
Old 07-25-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only problem with that is, you win 11K when you're right and lose about 35K when you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, about 18% of the time when you're wrong, you win like 50k!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:58 AM

guys, since when is huge overbet from a lag that bluffs AA, and not AK or AQ? I guess i don't hate a fold if you think it's v. reasonable that he's doing it with a big pair, but shouldbe AK far more often right?