Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what should i do with the $$$$?
freeroll for BBV 153 49.20%
coinflip it with grimstarr 86 27.65%
send it back 8 2.57%
actually send him it on neteller 64 20.58%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Looking for an Interpoker Player 5% vig

I've got a medium sized roll (mid 4-figures) in Interpoker that I want help transferred to Full tilt. I'll pay 5% commision for an honest 2+2er to help me...we can start with smaller transfers.

Please PM me. I've got no problem sharing contact details.

Thanks,

-TED
Old 07-25-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Person to person transfers. *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if its in your window then it shipped

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Backspin, I think you're incorrect. With FTP transfers:

#1: The money is deducted from your account, and shows up in your account history as having been deducted. At this time, both you and the transferee should get an email that says "transfer request received and *processing*".

During this *processing* time, the money will be gone from your account, but will not yet have showed up in his. It's in the FTP 'ether'.

#2: Then, usually 5 to 20 minutes later, you both will get an email saying "transfer *approved*". Then, and ONLY then, will the other person actually have the money in his account.

For the record, when I do trades, I act exactly as this Donovan guy is acting. I won't send from my end until the transfer has been officially *approved* and I see the money in my account. If the both of you haven't received the *approved* email, then I don't think u can claim to have been scammed yet.

If you're in doubt, ask to see a screenshot of HIS cashier, or simply email FTP asking about the status of your transfer. Your announcing here that you've been scammed seems premature.

*EDIT: also, sam, this DonovanMD guy has been registered here for 4 months and has a couple hundred posts. You've been here 2 weeks and have 3 posts. I'm not saying that means he can't have scammed u...but just some food for thought about why you might not want to throw out accusations without a little more evidence that you've been swindled; new posters don't get much sympathy, whether it's deserved or not. Hope it works out for u!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm for me a trade always shows as "pending transactions" then once it ships it is removed from pending and shows up now in "Past transacations". I receive the emial almost right away once the transfer is gone from Pending. I was not aware that you could have something in past transactions and have it not gone through.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:36 AM

Default FT $ for Stars $

$210 on FT for $200 on Stars, will transfer first only to reputable poster. PM if interested
Old 07-25-2007, 02:20 AM

Just received Email from Full Tilt confirming my fears. I was scammed by DonovanMD. Please add him to the list.

Here are screenshots of the email.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...tilt_email.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...lt_email_2.jpg
Old 07-25-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just received Email from Full Tilt confirming my fears. I was scammed by DonovanMD. Please add him to the list.

Here are screenshots of the email.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...tilt_email.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...lt_email_2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam, I still think you're being way too trigger-happy with your scam-pointing finger. I know you're new around here, but scammers do not typically come on here and post screenshots of their FTP cashier window as Donovan did. They typically just disappear into the ether, never to be heard from again. Dude, give it some time. Try emailing Donovan to see if u can resolve this together. It's perfectly possible that FTP screwed up the transfer. The obvious next step would be asking Donovan to email FTP alerting them that he did not receive the transfer, and asking where it could be.
Listen, at the end of the day, it's entirely possible that yes, Donovan had us all fooled, and he played you like a violin, but at this point in time I see no reason for raising the alarm to the extent you have. Try some diplomacy first. (And Donovan, now that you see this side of the story, why don't you try chiming in here and letting us know just what's going on.)
Old 07-25-2007, 02:53 AM

Teddy,

There have been a few PMs between Donovan and myself.

I tend to subscribe to the "When you hear hoofprints, don't look for zebras" philosophy. I shipped. Full Tilt confirms he received the funds. I'm $200 lighter.

If I had waited a week to post this, the argument would have been "Seems awfully fishy that you waited so long to post this..." Also, Mike's original post in this thread said to post scammers as soon as possible to keep others from being taken advantage of.

If there's an explanation forthcoming, I'll be the first to apologize.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:06 AM

Sounds reasonable. Donovan, your move.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: FT $ for Stars $

$200 received from Backspin20 - quick and easy, thanks
Old 07-25-2007, 10:44 AM

need 1-2k on Stars so I can play some MTTs. Can offer Full Tilt. Holla
Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 AM

i now have $50 on cake poker looking for $50 on ftp, will settle for less if i have to and im willing to send first.

so if anyone wants to give cake poker a try and wants to help me out let me know please!