Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Pooh-Bah post (long, boring, not much of a point)

As quite possibly the longest running player/poster in the micro forum I take extreme offense to your trying to take on the role of mascot of the forum.

But then again I dont want the role and dont post nearly enough for it, so I guess my offense really is nothing.

Nice graph
Old 02-19-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the session is not indicated as a 6-max session, you can use the menu Utilities->Database Maintenance and Options..., then click "6 Max Sessions" to convert existing sessions to 6-max. Then they will fall into a separate checkbox under prefs. This is now necessary with the new party, and most other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Done! But my .5/1 six max numbers suck! But the sample size is small at around 2000 hands and a lot of those were before I did any research into 6 max play. But separating them out made my .5/1 full ring numbers look better. :-) Oh, well, a couple more days on the Party 1/2 beginner tables left and then I will concentrate on learning 6 max.

Doc
Old 02-19-2006, 02:07 AM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this thread.

Thankyou.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:22 AM

nh numeri

I can so relate to your experience and especially to the whole winning a dollar in a session thing in the nanos.

I like reading this sort of post just to reiterate that you can start with a tiny BR and grind it all the way to 2/4 and beyond.

oh and as House said, thats a wicked win rate at 0.25/0.5 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Battler

ps congrats on helping start the review sessions as well....they are proving popular and Im getting so much out of em. What ive found is that reviewing sessions for players who play a higher limit than me has a very subtle and easy to miss side benefit...I get to see the quality and type of play at a higher limit and this is great preparation for moving up. It also feels good when you realise that these players at this limit can still suck almost as much as the chumps at ones current limit.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:23 AM

kiemo,

No worries, man. I just wanted to say that I've been grinding it out all the way from the nano limits. I wouldn't claim to be the mascot of the Micros.

~Dan
Old 02-19-2006, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this thread.

Thankyou.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

You're welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2006, 11:27 AM

Battler,

Thanks for the kind words. And I think the review sessions are nice as well. It's been a reasonable pace for most people, and they're still very popular in SSSH. How have things been in the Micros?

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, sometimes it's just nice to meet other posters and hear their opinions on your play.

Cheers,
~Dan
Old 03-02-2006, 10:15 PM

Nice hand Dan. I can't believe I missed this. I think SSSH was the death of the micro forum. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It looks like all the old fellas check in on us every once in a while. I've always liked reading your posts. If you are ever down for sweating, send me a PM.

Keep up the good work.

Ben
Old 03-06-2006, 01:39 PM

Proof positive that genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Way to go.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:57 PM

nice post! this serves as inspiration to me. I am planning on doing what you did, grinding it out from micro and work my way up. i have been playing for 2 years now but i have been break even at best because i like to play alot of MTT's and they create a big leak for me, also when i won my 1st MTT i was underbankrolled and went jumped into a 5/10 game where i ran hot for a week, then i downswinged hard. ill be starting at .50/1 and working my way up. I think you are way over bankrolled, i will be doing 10k hands a level and i want to have atleast 200bb per level. so far in 1k hands i am beating .5/1 by 3bb/100, but i havent made any money because i been playing MTT's. Stopping with the mtt's is going to take alot of fun out of my game, but i will have to do it.

thanks for the inspiration!