Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

I sent an email asking to cancel my subscription but didn't get a response.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:23 AM

so, can we search hidden buddies or not...and if so, what's the "catch"?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-My computer hangs when I shut it down, I have to right click Smart Buddy and exit, then it shuts down no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had this problem as well. I can neither log of or shutdown. I cannot 100% tie this problem to SmartBuddy, however. If not for seeing someone else post the same problem, I probably wouldn't even have mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I´ve had this all the time, and are 99.99% sure it is tied to SmartBuddy. A bit annyoing when you are trying to log out quickly.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-My computer hangs when I shut it down, I have to right click Smart Buddy and exit, then it shuts down no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had this problem as well. I can neither log of or shutdown. I cannot 100% tie this problem to SmartBuddy, however. If not for seeing someone else post the same problem, I probably wouldn't even have mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I´ve had this all the time, and are 99.99% sure it is tied to SmartBuddy. A bit annyoing when you are trying to log out quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go that extra yard and say I'm 100% sure this is a SmartBuddy problem. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Last night I got the license expiry problem, emailed support and as yet can still not log in and have not received feedback, could be a time difference thing.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go that extra yard and say I'm 100% sure this is a SmartBuddy problem. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I, too, am now 100% that my inability to logoff or shutdown is connected to SmartBuddy. I have tried a large number of other things with no success. Every trial that ended in me being able to successfully logoff or shutdown had only one thing in common: I had disabled SmartBuddy. Since I disabled the program, my inability to shutdown has not returned.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 PM

Not sure why you are having a problem shutting down your computers but we don’t have anything running to cause it any lag. I have run system reboot tests on 4 systems and no lag at all; you can also test it by right clicking the SB icon in the system tray. It does have a 3 sec lag when its set to check for updates on startup but thats it.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 PM

I had the same problem with the reboot while running Smart Buddy. If I close the program manually, the system responds to the restart/shut command almost instantly.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:41 PM

I don't know if this helps any but my firewall pops up repeatedly saying pplscripthost.exe attempts to access the network, sometimes even when Smart Buddy is not running.

Other than that, the problem could be related to no actual exit command in the program itself. When we 'x' Smart Buddy, it minimizes instead of closing. (In my case it's a minimized box in the middle of the screen similar to the alerts.) Personally, I would prefer closing the software using the 'x' and it may solve the problem others are having. It's the only program I've used where closing means minimizing, not exiting.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 PM

reinstalled my harddrive and I don't have my User ID, I don't see a recovery system, can it be emailed/pmed to me? thx.
Andrew_Boccia@yahoo.com
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why you are having a problem shutting down your computers but we don’t have anything running to cause it any lag. I have run system reboot tests on 4 systems and no lag at all; you can also test it by right clicking the SB icon in the system tray. It does have a 3 sec lag when its set to check for updates on startup but thats it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Poker Pro. This doesn't seem to be a lag problem. When the OS shuts down, it shuts down all the processes first, when it gets to SmartBuddy it hangs, indefinitely. I once accidentally left it hanging overnight, and it had not shut down in the morning. If I shut down, it hangs, and then I right click the SmartBuddy icon, click exit and shutdown again, the computer shuts down smoothly. I don't know enough about Windows to be any more specific than that.

Any thoughts on my other problem, first mentioned above?:
[ QUOTE ]
-Sometimes the table open feature for Party crashes the Party client, it seems to happen more when I have the client on one monitor and Smart Buddy on the other, this may just be coincidence. Can you take a look at how SpadeEye does the table opening and emulate that? It's the smoothest I've seen of any table opener.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a day and a half since I mailed support about my license incorrectly expiring, not a peep from anyone and the problem hasn't gone away.