Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Top two multi way pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can see this as a push or fold situation can make an argument either way 910 is a large part of villans range but so is J8 /Q8/ combo flush draw.

Anyone like call flop check/raise all in on a safe turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem here is that you have no idea where you are at in the hand if you call flop. villain might already have a made hand and the money is going to go in anyways. there are just too many cards that might come off that kill you action or that give villain the opprtunity to bluff you off your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you just seems a push on flop here doesnt get called by a worse hand often but I cant fold here so I prob push.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are plenty of hands that i can see call us here. a lot of draws b/c pot odds are for idiots and donkeys love to call ai with draws, worse 2p. imo there are enough legit hands that call us to warrant a push
Old 07-24-2007, 03:59 PM

i push too, i believe pushing will be the +EV play in the long run
Old 07-24-2007, 04:59 PM

I think i get you, but it doesn't make sense.

The gained equity edge is only gained because the hands you beat now (the draws) have only one card to come instead of two. But you were ahead of these hands and should be encouraging them to call. Instead you are giving them a free card and might not be able to get away when he catches something. It is better to make them pay. The hands that already beat you on the flop will still beat you on the turn and will still be calling...

So:
1) The hands that you are ahead of at the flop that might have called are not calling anymore with one card to come.
2) Those same hands get to get the next card free (or cheap if you count his bet)
3) You are not gaining anything on the hands that already beat you on the flop and we are still stacking off to these.

I can imagine if someone has a monster draw and more than 50% equity this would be a good play, because you are losing from a lot more hands on the flop than on the turn if its safe. But there is hardly ever a reason to put someone exactly on that.