Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: POKERSTARS has just let my $300 check i sent them get stolen!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just call your bank and tell them to stop payment/give it to their fraud dept. to recover. The fact that you did not do this first but, rather, made your post and have been waiting for PS to respond, is mildly disturbing.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of my checks that was mailed back to me b/c I couldn't follow directions was fraudulently cashed.... call my bank? no...

Post on 2+2 and place blame on PS... YES!

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your frustration and yes I would be upset but I hardly see how PS can be even remotely responsible for a check that was stolen from the mail. Its not like it was stolen from an office at their HQ.

I still think your only recourse is to try to contact the bank that wrote the cashiers check and report it stolen and I am sure there is a protocol for this as I am sure you are not the first person this has happened to. I know you bought it at Wal Mart but all cashiers checks are underwritten by a bank and that is who you should contact.

Good luck!!
Old 07-24-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats disturbing is the impersonal customer service in my opinion. I mean in a fraud case like this i'd appreciate someone in charge personally writing me at least or calling me to tell me what is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the email thread you posted, you haven't even told them that it was stolen yet, although you are implying that it could have been I expect that PS were hoping that telling you that 'A Lewis' (the person who signed for the courier delivery at your address) has your check would ring some bells for you... ie. Neighbour, housemate etc etc.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:19 PM

Grandpa Munster returns from the grave to steal PS checks...
Old 07-24-2007, 04:21 PM

Have you asked PS what address they sent it back to? If you sent it to them registered, they signed for it and found it was made out to the wrong payee (which is a dumb move btw) and they sent it back registered, they should have record of WHERE it was sent. This should have been your own address. As mentioned in an earlier post, it is hard to see how this is PS fault. You made it out to the wrong payee in the first place, then they sent it back registered so responsibility lies with postal system.

ALSO,
You start off by accusing stars of ripping you off, then when you are corrected by multiple 2+2ers you change your moan to how its about crappy customer service.
I think maybe someone needs to get their facts straight before accusing people of theft!

Whatever
Old 07-24-2007, 04:36 PM

im confused to
Old 07-24-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so this guy someone forged it and cashed it already into his ps account somehow illegally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see now why you're annoyed with PS. You have misunderstood their e-mail and think they are telling you that someone else lodged your check to their PS account.

No. All PS meant was that A. Lewis signed for the envelope enclosing your returned check when it was delivered to whatever address PS returned it to. It may not have even been cashed yet, which is why you need to cancel the check as soon as possible.

By the way, have you moved address since you opened your PS account? Maybe they sent it to an old address of yours?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:56 PM

If he couldn't write down the payee correctly then perhaps he didn't write down his own address correctly either.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats disturbing is the impersonal customer service in my opinion. I mean in a fraud case like this i'd appreciate someone in charge personally writing me at least or calling me to tell me what is going on.

Now thankfully a person here happens to work for stars and said he will look into this himself.. hopefully he can help.. the support at stars just sends me out stupid emails saying.. " we have sent to correct dept." hope they handle this responsibly with me.

Also it was a cashier's check i got at wal-,mart.. so this guy someone forged it and cashed it already into his ps account somehow illegally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when does Walmart sell cashier's checks? They sure as hell didn't when I worked there, and didn't when I asked them last week.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:54 PM

My address is correct i'm sure as i've had my account there for a long time and have had many checks come to my house from them in past before new laws.

Although I am human and i hope i may have misplaced the letter and can somehow cancel this cashier's check that i sent them if has not been stolen already.

Yes that would be great if i misinterpreted what they said and the money has not been taken by someone else by being put into their account and then lost or then cashed out.

It was mailed back the email said on 26th and then somehow by the 28th A. Lewis sent check as pokerstars says cheque was received and signed by A. Lewis. Pokerstars is yet to explain if the money is still around or not even so i don't know. I'm in the dark here too for now til i guess they're big investigation supposedly gets done. We'll see.

Closed Thread