Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Bachelor party ideas for Lame Groom (No strippers, no clubs)

I didn't want to go to a strip club for my bachelor party. I like naked chicks as much as the next guy, but I'm not really into strip clubs. I'm not a drinker, either. Basically, I wanted to have fun with my friends, but didn't want it to be a night of insane debauchery.

My wedding was in New York, and as I am not from there, one of my groomsmen who was assisted my brother in the plans. Everything worked out well and we had a lot of fun.

First, we went to a Yankees game, as I am a big baseball fan and had never been to Yankee Stadium. Then, we hit three bars that my groomsman felt that not only the guys who liked to drink would enjoy, but that I would also feel comfortable with. He was right. They were just good, solid, laid back bars. The third bar, which was the final stop, was a karaoke bar, where we ran into Horatio Sanz. One of my friends introduced me to him (no, he didn't know him), and Horatio was very nice - we chatted for a few minutes.

In the end, we did things that I really wanted to do (Yankees game) and things my friends would enjoy (drinking), but everyone kept in mind that it was my party and didn't get too wild and crazy, as that was not something I wanted. It ended up to be a fun night for everyone.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:35 PM

I had a great experience at my bachelor party. The future wife didn't want me going to the strip club, but I was ok with that. We kicked things off at the Colorado Mammoth semi-final game at the Pepsi Center at 1:00 in the afternoon. 3 24 oz. beers later and a victory for the Mammoth it was on to Hooters for more beer and wings. My friends attached a 16 lb bowling ball to my leg that I had to drag behind me for the rest of the evening. They also put together a list of things I had to do throughout the course of the evening. I had to get on the table and sing "I'm a little tea pot" in Hooters, I had to rip the tag off a ladies bra, and a whole mess of other embarassing things. After that it was a bar crawl near Coors Field, where I berated some old ladies wearing Red Wings jerseys. Started mixing in some harder alcohol and I was crazy drunk by 9:00 pm. Only got through 7 things on my list of close to 30. Had a great time with great friends. Two of them didn't drink but still had fun watching me make an ass of myself.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:00 AM

Wow. Two of these threads? Pusses.

Crossposted from the other ridiculous thread.

I'm really starting to get annoyed at you people for these mealy-mouthed BS whine posts about bachelor parties. I don't know when this "rules" [censored] started for them, but ignore that.

Itinerary for private, good-natured, "rules" approved bachelor party:

1. RULES:

Any member of the bachelor party that is found out to have outed a member of the party for the activities, or leaked any information about the activities will be hit with a bar of soap in a sock repeatedly and then removed from the social circle immediately. This is not a bendable rule. If someone has loose lips, beat them, then shun. Get this right the first time and all future parties will go off just fine.

Ask the groom AND the bride about the invite list. There are always cousins or some uncle or some random person that doesn't get an invite and the bride decides it's enough of an affront to cry over. Get the invites out early.

Collect up front. DO NOT assume that you will get paid or that people will step up. People are idiots. Figure out the cost of the adventure and divide it out. Paypal, poker sites, and checks all allow people to get you money easily and quickly. Don't let them welsh out of this. If they don't have the money to you at the moment they activities start, they are out. There are no exceptions. A good set of groomsmen will kick in double/triple shares to make things go smoothly.

Things don't have to always be rip-roaring fun throughout the day, but they must go well. Screw-ups piss people off and get the groom all freaked out because he wants to keep people happy, especially because he's normally got a number of different social circles together. Be in control - keep a flow going and don't stop activities. Boring bachelor parties suck.

Get cigars for the outing. They don't have to be great, but do not get [censored] cigars. Two boxes of solid, smokeable cigars will run you about $100 - $120 online.

2. Morning - fishing. Stock some coolers full of sammiches (your local subway is just fine) and the adult beverages of choice. Normally, you want to stick with a light beer because each group has at least two idiots that will lose control. Keep them on light beer early. It's best to include contests and prizes to give everyone something to do. Things like first fish caught, largest fish, smallest fish, last to break the seal, first to accidentally fall in, worst injury, etc. are good ways to keep a low-key activity interesting and competitive. Strippers optional.

-ALTERNATE IDEA-
2a. Morning - Golf. Find an out of the way public course that isn't going to mind 6ish groups on the course acting like idiots. Talk to the course manager early, slip him an appropriate amount of money to help make your experience better. Arrange for a beer cart to work your group continually. Make sure that there is a nice catered spread at the turn for everyone. Set up skills contests and skins games. Strippers optional.

3. Afternoon - barbeque. If a friend or a member of the party is willing to offer his backyard, go for it. If not, find a community park that has shelters and grills and rent one. Make sure that the park permits alcohol on the grounds, the last thing you need is the county or local boys busting up a bachelor party at 3 PM. You don't need to be elaborate here - burgers, dogs, chips, slaw, are just fine. Make sure you've got coolers on ice or a cold keg waiting. Activities like horseshoes, bocce, morra, hoops, redneck games are encouraged. Strippers optional, obviously not recommended at municipal parks.

4. Late afternoon - clean up. Whether it's at someone's house, a social club or back at the hotel, everyone needs time to [censored], shower and shave.

5. Evening - boat trip. If you live on or near water, take a boat trip. Find a charter boat, even if you need to go to the local marina to talk to the dockmaster to find one. The more private the better. Get a boat for about three hours. Slip the dockmaster whatever about of money is necessary in your area to make sure that the boat is stocked with beer and food. Find a couple of recommended strippers, from past parties or friends and hire them for the boat ride.

-ALTERNATE IDEA-
5a. Evening - bonfire. If you aren't near water, have a bonfire, same as above. Find a member of the party that has some private land Make sure that beer and food is on hand and hire strippers.

-ALTERNATE IDEA-
5b. Evening - drunk bus. I've now seen short buses converted to limos in at least three cities. Rent one because it holds so many damn people and hit the clubs and strip clubs. Grease the driver so that the thing is stocked with booze.

6. Late night - Poker. Get back to the hotel or the host house and play cards. Hire strippers.

-ALTERNATE IDEA-
6a. Late night - drunken jailbreak, release or kick the can. Make sure your immediate neighbors know you're playing.

Each of these can be explained away in case of emergency and all look like good old-fashioned fun to an uppity bitch of a bride that should be out removing a gay chippendale's thong with her teeth instead of cramping everyone that is spending good money on their wedding.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:05 AM

this thread makes me appreciate the stance my woman has on these kinds of things:

her: "you can have strippers . . . just don't tell me about it"
me: "done and done"
Old 07-25-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread makes me appreciate the stance my woman has on these kinds of things:

her: "you can have strippers . . . just don't tell me about it"
me: "done and done"

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys need to perform a stronger screening process for wives. Find one that likes strip clubs, problem solved.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:26 AM

i had fun at my first bachelor party

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...n=0&page=9

sounds like your buddy is looking for something a little different though lol. this whole thread is hilarious