Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: All in, muck...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We're talking about cards that have *been tabled* *at showdown* and then were mucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is protected, but this protection does not extend to watchign the dealer push the pot and then speaking up. This would be similiar to being first to act and allowing the players behind you to act. If you allow the other players to act you have given up your rights. In the cash game example he is protected, but has an obligation to speak up when he sees the pot going the other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go along with that. Most of the objection in that thread, though, was the "you didn't hold on to your cards, protect your hand, n00b" (of course, a *few* did point out "you should have said something sooner").
Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: All in, muck...

[ QUOTE ]
The point is that player B was complaining that Players A and C pushed him out of the pot and player A didn't have the right to muck his hand. He thought that the turn and river should have been dealt out as a formality.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats pretty weird thinking. Whats the difference? I think they are supposed to finish the hand out, but why complain? Regardless of what happens, player c wins...i guess player B just wanted to Rabbit hunt to see if he would of won! The cards were shown, and he saw he was up against a flush and mucked em out of frustration. What are you gonna do, give the guy who just got knocked out a verbal warning? Let him go home. He didnt think, runner, runner was coming.