Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Question about hand in Sit N Go

[ QUOTE ]
you suspect he has a fairly wide range for pushing, and your hand should be well ahead of a lot of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with a wide range, you are in a coin flip against most of his potential holdings, and the hands that you are 'well ahead' of (pairs < 7s and Ax or Kx where x < 7) are balanced out by the hands that have you stitched up ie. pairs > 7s.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a forum called 'STT Strategy' for Sngs.

Your call is fine though if he has been pushing a lot. You don't really want to call if it's likely to be a coin flop but if you are offten going to have him dominated like in this hand then folding is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see the domination here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are still ahead if villian hits his 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting definition of "domination". The effect is the same, of course, except that a third 2 will put him ahead, whereas another ace would not improve AQ vs AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's the definition used in 2+2 books. I didn't realize that it wasnt universal.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 PM

If you closed the action, this call would be fairly easy. However, with two players left to act, they would be getting good odds to come along. Their stack sizes and looseness are also important here.

Moving all-in to isolate would be better than calling, but again you take a risk depending on the blinds.

It's close, but I probably fold.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a forum called 'STT Strategy' for Sngs.

Your call is fine though if he has been pushing a lot. You don't really want to call if it's likely to be a coin flop but if you are offten going to have him dominated like in this hand then folding is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see the domination here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are still ahead if villian hits his 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting definition of "domination". The effect is the same, of course, except that a third 2 will put him ahead, whereas another ace would not improve AQ vs AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's the definition used in 2+2 books. I didn't realize that it wasnt universal.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think they pretty generally mean that pairing your bigger card will not help you.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you suspect he has a fairly wide range for pushing, and your hand should be well ahead of a lot of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with a wide range, you are in a coin flip against most of his potential holdings

[/ QUOTE ]

Those coin flips still mostly have you 55/45 ahead. Because you are crushing the rest of his unpaired range, you are well ahead of his range on the whole.

[ QUOTE ]
and the hands that you are 'well ahead' of (pairs < 7s and Ax or Kx where x < 7) are balanced out by the hands that have you stitched up ie. pairs > 7s.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they aren't. Seven pairs are ahead of you. There are five pairs alone that you are ahead of. So I need only A6 to be ahead of more hands.