Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 AM

Default LOL, the live fish-THEY NEVER FOLD...

10 handed, harrahs 2,5nl in stl

HAND 1:

villain 1 has alot, like 3k and is SB, villain 2 has like 400 and is in mid pos, villain 3 has like 1500 and is in late mid position, hero has 1300 on the button (literally and figuratively) and calls with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

3 limpers, villain 2 makes it 35, one caller, hero calls villain 1 (SB) calls, BB calls limpers call

FLOP: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checked to villain 2 who donks for 65, my read is any J here
-villain 3 makes it 265 with obvi AA KK, maybe QQ (maybe bc he might just call with QQ) villain 3 is a good winning reg and makes solid folds and calls
-folded to HERO who thinks for a bit (as he always does) and shoves

the problem i was facing was that i saw, some live reaction thing that villain 1 liked the flop-to me this could mean a FD straight draw set or top pair

also, if you are villain do you call with bottom set 333? my actual range for this bet is a set or combo draw but to him i am an unkown

HAND 2:
different table, laggish player, only because thats how all these live 2,5ers are, calls my opening raise

eff stacks just under 600

I have AKo and cbet for 55 on a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he makes it 130, i shove

you like?

also, villain is a reg who is good compared to the other fish and sometimes has big wins, im playing two friends and we all just sat and have won like 12 of the 15 hand weve seen, mostly with cbets that never got called.

i put him on any 8 or 9, most likely a hand like T 8 or T 9
im not sure but i think he would just call clubs of JT
also, he is one of those raise for information guys

obviously im repping an strong over pair, im posting this second hand to see what range you guys give this guy not knowing more than i have said (which is all i know) hes loose and sort of aggressive and is a live reg...

thanks boys,
rand
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: LOL, the live fish-THEY NEVER FOLD...

this is full ring live?

both hands are folds

you played both hands so spewy,
Old 07-24-2007, 02:02 AM

Hand 1: I dont like your line here. You have $35 invested and are shoving after a bet and a pretty strong raise. What exactly are you repping? On the button preflop you are raising up JJ+ and AKdd. You arent drawing to the nuts, and still have several people yet to act. Flop raiser could easily have 44 or 33 here, or worse Axdd (althought not as likely).

Hand 2: poor. First off, what are your positions? How much was the preflop raise? how many people took a flop? you are leaving out valuable info here. One thing I noticed is you say that you and your friends have won 12 of 15 hands by C-Betting the flop and getting folds. This is making you look very laggy and people arent going to believe you anymore. Not only that, your CBet got raised this time. Raising hands he might have here? JTcc, 98, 99, 88, 22, TT+ Axcc. Anything he is raising with here either crushes you or has tons of outs
Old 07-24-2007, 02:12 AM

David, the question is if you think its worth it, not if sets are folding (even though i did ask about 333, which could be a reasonable fold)
-there is 35*7=245 pf, 65 from donker and 265 from Raiser for a grand total of 575

I may not have said this but my reads are here are excellent (not trying to sound cocky, they jsut are) i just dunno about SB, i felt like my outs plus the pot size made this a good shove, no one is calling except oen of the checkers and SB is the only one who matters, every other checker is so short that the pot is laying me good enough odds to flat call a shove from them

to clarify hand 2 im OOP and i cbet, he raises and I shove.
i understand your logic topher but i think our aggressiveness is a big part of why he is raising this flop, if it is a random game i belive that the live players just call every hand you mentioned except for 89, 222, 888, and 999

fwiw im not trying to be defensive here, i just want guys to see what im seeing
Old 07-24-2007, 02:20 AM

hand one is standard, nice play

hand 2 is a fold on the raise, he's not gonna fold and you know it
Old 07-24-2007, 02:21 AM

also,

stop stealing bandwidth and change your avatar