Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: 8/16 - 88 spikes set on turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check on flop actually makes me most suspicious since everyone seems to check when they flop top set at these limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but this could very very easily be AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw I am not saying I would auto-muck here I am almost certain in the heat of the moment I would call down here, even though I was almost certain I was beat. Just curious if this is just me being stubborn and a fold would be more correct in this situation.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check on flop actually makes me most suspicious since everyone seems to check when they flop top set at these limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but this could very very easily be AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw I am not saying I would auto-muck here I am almost certain in the heat of the moment I would call down here, even though I was almost certain I was beat. Just curious if this is just me being stubborn and a fold would be more correct in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a calldown once we get 3bet. 4betting=folding=really dumb. call. next hand.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:53 AM

Only two hands beat you. Reraise and call down if he pops it again.

That speech ( about him being scarred) is a little disconcerning though. This usually means "I got the nuts".
Old 07-21-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise and call down if he pops it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is equivalent to tying your dollars to a rock and tossing them over a cliff.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:15 AM

"Speech+turn 3 bet=you are phucked."

...like 99.99+% of the time. There is almost no conceivable way that a TAG would check that flop with AK. Granted he played this terribly, but the only two hands that make any sense after he does this are AA and 99, both of which have you drawing to one out. I don't know if I'd be capable of doing this in the heat of battle, but wouldn't it be cool if you mucked your hand face-up, then genuinely thanked him for saving you money?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:06 PM

What the others said. If bet into on the flop in this situation it is turbo muck. As played, call down and puke. FWIW, opponent played horrible. Not betting any flop into a bunch of donkeys is a total mistake.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:53 AM

I call down. You are getting 11:1 on the turn. I don't care how strong my read is here, I'm never folding a set with these odds. I think the chance that SB intended to CR AK or AQ on the flop is enough to warrant calling down.

I don't think the villains line here is terrible. If he bets the flop from the SB he only gets action from the case A. By checking the flop he allows marginal hands that are basically dead a chance to catch up.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call down. You are getting 11:1 on the turn. I don't care how strong my read is here, I'm never folding a set with these odds. I think the chance that SB intended to CR AK or AQ on the flop is enough to warrant calling down.

I don't think the villains line here is terrible. If he bets the flop from the SB he only gets action from the case A. By checking the flop he allows marginal hands that are basically dead a chance to catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

His line is absolutely horrific if you've ever played at the CP 8 game, and honestly, its pretty terrible in most games.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:20 AM

I am the king of spewing money in set over set situations but I would seriously think about folding face up on the turn after he 3bets to show him why at the end of his life I will have all of his money.

Either that or just hope that he played his AK terrible and call down.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reraise and call down if he pops it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is equivalent to tying your dollars to a rock and tossing them over a cliff.

[/ QUOTE ]

looking back now i think my suggestion to 4 bet here is retarded. i agree with the calldown assessment.

however, OP you need to clarify your read here. villain is not a good player; his check of AA on the flop is equally retarded.