Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Is the Pokersuperstars show on Fox cancelled?

Poker After Dark is probably my favorite of all the poker shows. I'm not up that late to watch it all the time. But PAD actually shows you how the game is played. The other shows are edited a lot more and it seems like every hand is a big play. In reality it takes hours before big plays happen. You can't televise how a final table is really played in one or two episodes. I have come to almost hate the WSOP on ESPN because it doesn't show how poker is played.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker After Dark is probably my favorite of all the poker shows. I'm not up that late to watch it...

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, DVR will change your life.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 AM

Btw what is the deal w/ Negreanu going to join Pokerstars? Was it more profitable than his FCP site was? Was he getting too much heat having his own site and it being illegal?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw what is the deal w/ Negreanu going to join Pokerstars? Was it more profitable than his FCP site was? Was he getting too much heat having his own site and it being illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know anyone who played on FCP
Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 AM

daniel
Old 07-24-2007, 02:09 PM

Noooooo what will I watch while drunk at a sports bar at 1:30 in the morning on Saturday nights. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noooooo what will I watch while drunk at a sports bar at 1:30 in the morning on Saturday nights. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sports?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker After Dark is probably my favorite of all the poker shows. I'm not up that late to watch it...

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, DVR will change your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a High speed internet line and go to

Poker After Dark On the Internet
Old 07-24-2007, 07:03 PM

Just a few comments:

- I read somewhere else on 2+2 that the fourth season was, in fact, in the planning stages and that it will be Fox Sports Net's only new poker programming for a while with all the uncertainty in the online poker world, and especially when it comes to advertising dollars disappearing.

- I'm in agreement with most everyone on here that Poker Superstars is probably the worst televised poker (short of Celebrity Poker Showdown) out there. It amazes me that not a single producer has ever said "Hey...maybe these blinds go up a bit fast?" ESPN is really to blame for the direction televised poker has gone towards. Not sure why the average poker fan still doesn't realize that all-ins are the LEAST interesting aspects/decisions in poker. I can't believe the pros even agree to be in a tournament with such a bizarre and silly structure. It's a shame, because when televised poker first began, Fox Sports was one of the pioneers and they took great risks showing us some great tourney's like the Showdown at the Sands and Championship Poker at the Plaza from beginning to end and they showed nearly every hand...even those that some might consider boring. Now we're lucky if they show us one hand that doesn't end with the words "all-in".

- For those ragging on Poker After Dark: not every poker program can be as great as High Stakes Poker. We'll never see the type of banter and skills we see on HSP because that's just not the nature of a tournament. There's a seperate skill set involved in tourneys and we should try and appreciate it and respect that when we watch PAD. It's actually a decent show. I admire NBC for taking the risk and putting poker on it's schedule on a nightly basis. The players are (for the most part) well respected and skilled, the banter is good and audible, and the relaxed setting is much more enjoyable than the obnoxious and loud WPT audiences. As someone mentioned earlier, I really like that they show a tournament from beginning to end and don't short change and edit out hands. For god sakes people, a national corporate network is airing poker every single night! When the poker boom comes to an end, and networks stop showing poker on TV, we will all dream of the days when NBC aired poker 6 nights a week.