Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: QQ and A on flop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would either fold, or reraise, depending on the villain and how he plays. Almost never would I call, and continue playing OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say, we are against a known tricky aggressive opponent, who would raise here with an Ace, a ten, or a seven.
What is the benefit of raising vs calldown?

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps to know your opponents, and it also helps to assume that .25/.50 doesnt hold a whole lot of 'tricky aggressive opponents'.

If you are up against one, and you know it, then any line you take will be OK, but I still think that calling here opens you up to an auto-bet on the turn, and what do you really know about his hand strength? Unless you spike a Q, you are in the same position as on the flop.

If you RR flop, and he caps, then you can fold, confident that your tricky villain does have an Ace. If he smooth calls, then raises on the turn, well, that sucks, and you will probably fold, unless you made a set, or a GSSD.

But again, you are OOP, and likely dominated, and the pot is small, so hardly any shame in folding. But in my opinion, if you are going to go on, raise, since you would do so if you had AK, AQ AJ, etc.

T
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM

Todd, good analysis, right on.
This is something I've been trying to do more lately against laggros - get things settled on the cheap street. So here, I'd raise and reevaluate the action.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM

So I 3-bet to find out where I stood...is spew most of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
if you are going to go on, raise, since you would do so if you had AK, AQ AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

...and villain knows that, and still raises. So he has more than top pair or is bluffing.

Since bluffing at 0.25/0.50 is rare, I fold.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against laggros

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know this? We have no reads.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:49 PM

Guit, this is only in the context of playing against a KNOWN AGGRO. We are not talking about OP's post anymore.

3-bet to find out where I stood is spew, BUT what if you are against a guy whom you have notes on like this:

Donked into PFR 3 streets w BPNK
C/R flop w gutshot
Raised baby flush draw on the flop HU
Bluff-raised river w air

And of course the majority would only donk with TPTK or better. Those we can fold against.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 PM

I believe calling down is the weapon against villains you are describing.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:45 PM

If I have never seen the guy before, or he has agro stats like 0.5, I fold every time.

If he is tricky, and would do this to make PFR contemplate folding any non-ace hand, then you should take a different approach.

Regarding the calling down approach, you are pretty much saying, you will pay 2.5BB and refrain from any attempt to 'find out where you are'. Hoping that they dont have an Ace.

The bottom line is that in almost all micro games, and against almost every opponent, you can fold with a clear conscience.

But, unless you want the people who are paying attention to attack you every single time you PFR, then you at least have to consider how and when to play back at your agro opponents.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe calling down is the weapon against villains you are describing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only real problem with this is that OOP, you will not charge them for their weak hands that they chose to ck behind on the turn and/or the river.

Thus, their free card play (say with MP or BP; or with a Flsh draw), will get them a free river, and two shots to out draw you. BUT, when they do have it they charge you and you spew 2 more big bets.

Just food for thought.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:13 PM

Putting in any kind of raise on this flop is a good way to tell everyone that they're beat, unless they have TP or better in which case it's a good way to spew with a 2 outer.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:17 AM

Thanx. Especially for the link to the article. Folding on the flop seems to be the better option unless I don't have a specific read and especially if the pot is kind of small.