Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Default NL300 6max QQ flop play

I’m running at about 28/19 on this table. Villain is 45/20/4. I’m currently table captain and have been stealing blinds at a sexy amount. I have only 3bet light a few times. Table is generally passive other than Villain and I.

Villain is in the SB and he has been folding to my preflop raises quite a bunch. We haven’t butted heads until this hand. He’s check/folded to a couple of my CBets when he did call preflop- on High Card flops.

I have around $450 behind and villain has me covered.

Two Limp. I have QQ in the CO and raise it to $12. Button folds. Villain calls, BB folds, two limpers call.

Flop ($51 pot): 10 4 6 all rainbow. Limpers check, I bet $42, Villian c/r to $100, limpers fold, and I ……

Thanks!!

Bien
Old 07-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: NL300 6max QQ flop play

Call and probably fold to alot of turnbets
Old 07-23-2007, 02:51 PM

This is a tough spot, but I don't think he/she is that strong. IMO, you're basically in a shove/fold spot. The villain's range is relatively wide, and I could see this play being made by a mid PP like 88 or 99, any T, or occasionally 57.

This could also be a set move, the villain hoping for the c/r to cut odds on draws. However, I doubt he/she would risk it with 3 players in. This player seems LAG enough that it is a profitable hand to play. I'd think back to how he'd played his big hands before though.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call and probably fold to alot of turnbets

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with his stats, you'd consider folding to a turn bet?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough spot, but I don't think he/she is that strong. IMO, you're basically in a shove/fold spot. The villain's range i relatively wide, and I could see this play being made by a mid PP like 88 or 99, any T, or occasionally 57.

This could also be a set move, the villain hoping for the c/r to cut odds on draws. However, I doubt he/she would risk it with 3 players in. This player seems LAG enough that it is a profitable hand to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was the same thought anaylsis I was going through. In retrospect, I think I should have also considered stacksizes vs villain.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:55 PM

Yeah, this isnt heads up. You bet into 3 players and he still c/rd you with 2 people behind, if not for the good potodds, this could be a fold on the flop already.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this isnt heads up. You bet into 3 players and he still c/rd you with 2 people behind, if not for the good potodds, this could be a fold on the flop already.

[/ QUOTE ]

So stacking off is bad then? Would you even stack off here? Dude has lagstats. What if you had AA, KK?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:19 PM

I think any overpair is the same here since he only flatted preflop. if he is any good he probably isnt contiuing beeing agressive with worse. If he sucks really bad then stacking off is ok. I think you are overvaluing this hand vs his line. Other posters will tell you this aswell. How many hands are those stats over?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:23 PM

If this is the 300nl on Bodog this can't be a fold. If it's 300nl somewhere else I think calling flop to re-evaluate turn is fine.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is the 300nl on Bodog this can't be a fold. If it's 300nl somewhere else I think calling flop to re-evaluate turn is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah it's bodog. I started playing it recently and found it played like the nl100 on bodog. am i wrong? you have much experience in the nl300 game?