Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta @ Carolina
Atlanta +5 2 9.52%
Carolina -5 11 52.38%
I really wish ESPN would discuss Vick's scambling ability versus his problems in the pocket one more time. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: BBV: Help me settle an Issue

[ QUOTE ]
you should have made the agreement, i would not give you anything either if you laughed and declined.

If you did agree with him he's not a friend

[/ QUOTE ]

After he said he was serious, i definitely agreed. It was after he was in the money, that he started trying to reduce the "split" he brought up in the first place. I even have saved IM archives of the chat.

And yes, he isnt my friend, anymore. He basically admitted that he simply got greedy, and there wasnt really anything I could do bout it (he is overseas). So I politely told him to F off.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:09 PM

Your past staking agreements don't matter and when you say you'll pay him based on your hourly profit, you can't back down because you made a huge score. If you keep doing [censored] like this, you won't have a poker friend left. Man up, and choose your words carefully next time.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is unreal you guys want to give someone $1300 for playing 45 minutes. some people make that a month

[/ QUOTE ]

then he shoulda never told his friend hed give him that much. once he does that, backing out is a real scummy thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he ever told his friend how much he was gonna give him.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is unreal you guys want to give someone $1300 for playing 45 minutes. some people make that a month

[/ QUOTE ]

then he shoulda never told his friend hed give him that much. once he does that, backing out is a real scummy thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I told him if I cashed in either I would hook him up based on my hourly profit. I busted in one tourny and finished third in one of them after playing for a total of 7.5 hrs. So in other words he played for 10% of the tournament I profited in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ding ding ding

He asked how much he would get and I said I would decide based off of how long I was in the tourny. I never said if you play 10% you get 10% of the profit. I just want to know what everyone thinks is fair. Personally I think he played in 10% with no risk so he prolly deserves about 5% (like a stake would be).

Now if people think 10% is fair bc he played 10%, fine. But saying that I should give 10% bc that's what I told him I would do is a false statement and doesn't really help me.

Like I said I decided 5-10% was fair after the tournament was over, at the moment I'm thinking 7.5% and the other 2.5% will get knocked off of what I've lost in staking him.

Currently he has no clue what I'm thinking or even how well I did in the tournament.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should have made the agreement, i would not give you anything either if you laughed and declined.

If you did agree with him he's not a friend

[/ QUOTE ]

After he said he was serious, i definitely agreed. It was after he was in the money, that he started trying to reduce the "split" he brought up in the first place. I even have saved IM archives of the chat.

And yes, he isnt my friend, anymore. He basically admitted that he simply got greedy, and there wasnt really anything I could do bout it (he is overseas). So I politely told him to F off.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really sucks men, especially because it was his idea in the first place.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I told him if I cashed in either I would hook him up based on my hourly profit. I busted in one tourny and finished third in one of them after playing for a total of 7.5 hrs. So in other words he played for 10% of the tournament I profited in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice the word base please

I'm not trying to get into semantics either, my phone conversation with him before he went to bed made it quite obvious what I was saying.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He asked how much he would get and I said I would decide based off of how long I was in the tourny. I never said if you play 10% you get 10% of the profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

given that that is what the vast majority of people in this thread assumed you were saying, i think it's a reasonable assumption on his part.

either way, you obviously are looking for validation for a lowball here, so i say give him 5%! heck, give him 1% -- you didn't make any promises, right?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:20 PM

1500 sounds about right
Old 07-23-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He asked how much he would get and I said I would decide based off of how long I was in the tourny. I never said if you play 10% you get 10% of the profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

given that that is what the vast majority of people in this thread assumed you were saying, i think it's a reasonable assumption on his part.

either way, you obviously are looking for validation for a lowball here, so i say give him 5%! heck, give him 1% -- you didn't make any promises, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have nothing to prove to anyone on here. All my friends no I'm not a nit or cheap or greedy, if you want to think that fine, I could care less. I'm always the first to buy a round at the bar and I pay for my friends golf/bowling/etc whenever I'm running well, not to mention the amount of money I've loaned and staked over the years.

Also, just because I didn't clearly type out the situation on an online forum doesn't mean I didn't clearly explain my thoughts over the phone/aim in a real-time chat.

Mlgoo, you're acting like a lawyer trying to point out these written agreements that were never actually there. The whole point is that there was no offical agreement and that I'm trying to determine what is fair, you really aren't helping at all.