Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 1$ 412 people, about 30 mins in with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that if A or K hits I get out cheap. If it misses either or both are likely to bluff. No matter what I raise the donk to my left is going to call either with an A or K so if it hits I'm pretty much done anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm trying to tell you is that this is a horrible thinking process. If you think Ax or Kx are in villian's range you have to raise here if only for value reasons. QQ has a huge +ev against that range. The more you get in the pot here the better.

Stop thinking about how to lose less, and start thinking about how to maximize value. Seriously this is something I see alot lately with some of the "newer" posters on here. Maximizing value is obscenely more important.

You want to get as much money in the pot against this type of range in every situation I can think of. This is how you make long-term gains in expected value.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:39 PM

If I tell you what he has do you think he calls pf?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I tell you what he has do you think he calls pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has no bearing on my answer at all and is results oriented thinking. I'm using the reads you gave and the fact that this is a $1 tourney. That's all I need.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Lol, your right since its a 1$ tourny I doubt he lays it down.
The reason I posted is b/c I know I'm suppose to raise there. I just felt like calling, I was thinking a call raise when the other guy raised, but he didnt.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM

Results oriented thinking has no benefit to poker discussion. If he had KK/AA good for him. The point of these forums isn't to whine about bad beats (BBV for those threads), but to generate discussion. No one here owes you any advice, and writing a thread so you can say "I told you he had this" isn't beneficial to anyone. By posting this hand you are asking for opinions, and we are giving ours. If you don't agree with it, make your own conclusions, but we are trying to provide 'correct' advice.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:49 PM

I know, thats the reasons I'm here. And I'm comparing what your giving me with the info I already had. Also I'm not argueing I'm just telling you my point of view during the play. I've already said that I know raising is the right move and I didnt make the move this time.

Here is another hand that I probably should have raised. Maybe I need to be more aggressive. Tell me what you think

Full Tilt Poker (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot:
Old 07-23-2007, 02:50 PM

raise pf
Old 07-23-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know, thats the reasons I'm here. And I'm comparing what your giving me with the info I already had. Also I'm not argueing I'm just telling you my point of view during the play. I've already said that I know raising is the right move and I didnt make the move this time.

Here is another hand that I probably should have raised. Maybe I need to be more aggressive. Tell me what you think

Full Tilt Poker (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a limit hand and I'm not sure if this is a tournament or not. Regardless, 3bet preflop. Raise flop and call down.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM

Same tourny as the other hand.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM

Was it you that posted a hand with no stack sizes, bet sizes or pot sizes last time? Come on man help us out a little. Even without any of that I can say I raise here pf though.