Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Barry Bonds\' 756th Home Run

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind many people thought Griffey would be the one to break Aaron's record.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that, I didn't say Arod was a favorite, I said he was probably a dog, but you don't think what happened to Griffey is LIKELY to happen to Arod do you? I mean, Griffey pretty obviously ran really bad, injury-wise. Arod probably won't go ten years without any injuries, but he also almost certainly won't miss as much time as Griffey has.

And like the previous poster said, even if Arod gets just as injured as Griffey, he will probably end up really close. Griffey's injury problems started in 2001, when he was about the same age Arod is now. He had 438 homers at that point. ARod already has 497. Griffey has still managed to hit 150 homers since his injuries started, and he might hit another 50 before he retires. If Arod only produces at the same level Griffey has been during the last 6 years, he will STILL end up with 700, maybe more. Griffey has played about 92 games/season since 2001. If Arod manages to get in 130, or 50% more, he should hit around 800 homers. If he manages to get lucky and avoid any injury, and play as long as Bonds has....well, we'll all be laughing about this silly little "Bonds being the Home Run King" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not forget that Bonds has a good chance of reaching 800 homeruns himself. He's not going to retire after hitting number 756. If/when he eventually plays for a American League team, where he can DH and not have to play defense, after this season and then play 2-3 more years of 20-30 homeruns per season gives him 810-820+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, although, in the context of "its disgusting that Bonds is dethroning Aaron" its really more important that ARod just gets to 755. Sort of.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] that, I'd catch the ball and throw it back. Eff Bonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd incenerate it so that it disappeared

money isn't that important fools

[/ QUOTE ]

In the spirit of your suggestion, if I got the ball, I'd do the following: (Assuming I couldn't throw it back so that it hit him in the neck as he was rounding second base)

I'd set a platform with the ball under a "Doomsday Switch". I'd figure out how much $1,000,000 in one dollar bills weighs, then I'd set the switch to activate when the weight on it equals the $1,000,000. Once the switch is loaded with the millionth dollar, the switch would go off and the ball would be dropped into a wood-chipper.

The only way to save it would be if Barry himself handed me a check for $2,000,000. (If this were to happen, by the way, just as Bonds handed me the check, I'd "drop" the ball just to see the bitch scramble after it.)

Somebody could do this and make some easy money. I think there are many people who would gladly donate to the cause, especially to experience the "feel good" moment of the year.

a 24 hour web cam site was invented just for things like this (well, and that too). Big sponsor-ship money too. This would get national air play and a lot of attention.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 AM

Oski plays this game well
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty. By the way, the ball has been prospectively appraised at $400,000.

My scenario guarantees a profit, even if you have to buy it "after market." (Therefore, I could, theoretically, try for the "neck shot" and still clear 600k after buying back the ball.)

We (or someone) could form a syndicate to get the damn thing.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. This is going to be the biggest dogpile in history, topped only by dropping a bar of soap in a shower full of Spurs fans. People will get hurt/sued/etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the greatest thing ever written by man. I must add that once the soap is dropped, most of the Spurs players will join in.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty. By the way, the ball has been prospectively appraised at $400,000.

My scenario guarantees a profit, even if you have to buy it "after market." (Therefore, I could, theoretically, try for the "neck shot" and still clear 600k after buying back the ball.)

We (or someone) could form a syndicate to get the damn thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

inject it with gasoline, ldo
Old 07-23-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good point, although, in the context of "its disgusting that Bonds is dethroning Aaron" its really more important that ARod just gets to 755. Sort of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. totally agree. If Bonds wasnt such a douchebag at life on top of being a lying cheater he might actually be respected and the fans cheering him to break the record.