Old 07-22-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Most overrated games ever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rome Total [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? Explain

[/ QUOTE ]

So totally dumbed down compared to the TWs that had come before. Units all moved to fast, war dogs lol. The series went from being about being the best tactician to being a twitch fest for kiddy gamers.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rome Total [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? Explain

[/ QUOTE ]

So totally dumbed down compared to the TWs that had come before. Units all moved to fast, war dogs lol. The series went from being about being the best tactician to being a twitch fest for kiddy gamers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played the other 2, didn't realize Rome wasn't as good. I'll have to give them a try. Which is better (ignoring graphics). Shogun or Medieval?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Medieval

[/ QUOTE ]

Though your milage may vary. MTW MP was great, real depth to the gameplay. Not sure how big the community playing it is now, there are still some die hards about I think, will take you a long time till you can compete at their level online.

The sp campaighn is still excellent though, but again your milage may vary as one cant help getting used to improved graphics, though I think the gameplay is still good enough to shine through.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:30 AM

I can't believe I'm the first person to say Madden.

I love football as every true American, but I just cannot get into these games. Maybe it's the automatic touchdowns when you go for it on 4th & 32 from your own 1, or the 100% completion percentage, but out of all the sports games, it's just the least realistic sim.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:08 PM

I can't believe someone mentioned Quake3. That's an underrated game if anything.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:25 PM

I think OP is right on about MGS. I've been playing video games all my life and I couldn't fking figure out how to play that damn game.

I think the original Half-Life doesn't get enough love relative to Halo. I've played a lot of both and I prefer HL.

For reference, some of my all-time favorites:

RBI Baseball
Half-Life
GTA Series
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Street Fighter II
Madden Series
Dragon Warrior Series
Goldeneye
Doom II
Old 07-23-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP is a moron, the most overrated game is probably tony hawk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? The entire series or just the first game? Do you have some hatred toward skateboarding? For what it is...a skateboarding game...the series is really, really good. Maybe you sucked at it because once you get good, they are all fun as heck.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:24 PM

There are actually people who prefer Halo to Half-Life? In it's hayday, HL was widely regarded as the best game that had ever been made. Esp. with the extra legs given to it by Counter-Strike, I'm surprised there would be a reasonable number of people who could claim that Halo even holds a candle to HL.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even though I've never played it and never will, I am sure that World of Warcaft belongs in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fairly raided for ease of getting into and soloing. Not for high-end raiding.

Part of that is a function of the game's age, to be fair. It takes a long time to develop a substantial amount of raiding options, and it's hard to keep very high-level challenges adequate, as the game's top players burn through high level content at an incredible pace.

Still, if you were coming over from a game(if there really was much of one anymore) that had high-end raiding content like EQ, WoW's high-level raiding would look ridiculously marginal by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft. i came over during the beta from a high end eq guild (when the wow end game was doing the scarlet monastery over and over at level 39, the cap), bought the game near release and rushed to level 60 only to find there was no end game that came anywhere close to eq. i free'd the sleeper in velious, and the best wow could offer was one ridiculously easy raid zone and a seriously broken molten core? lame.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When has tekken been a crap game. It's a million times better than most other fighting games with respect to depth. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat have a limited number of moves while Tekken has a very strong set of moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget about the moves, Street Fighter owns tekken. Mortal Kombat is pure garbage though. It's fun for a few matches but gets old very fast. I downloaded both of these games on Xbox live and doubt I will play MK3 again(waste of $10). I have played 1300 live matches on SF and many more to come, the game is such a classic.