Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

I just find it amusing how numerous know it alls on this forums have repeatedly laughed, criticized, and made fun on people who have said BT could go broke. He's the second coming of Christ, he can't lose, somebody will always back him etc. etc. So, if losing 3 million dollars in THREE days ain't losing, what is exactly?

You people just don't seem to realize this crap happens all the time. Over the years, how many internet pros who were the second coming at the time are now bust and never heard from? How many popular tourny pros over the years with millions of dollars and seemingly invincible are now being staked? How many times have you seen a pro athelete who was just dominating one year, than completely fades away. The examples of this happening are in every profession, every walk of life. What makes BT so great that he is immune to this?
People like to comment on how down to earth BT is, with no real gamboool in him. Right, within the past month or so we've seen him almost take up $300k coin flips with Sammy, start making large prop bets, Put in a $900k bluff against Bobby, and now monkey tilt away $3,000,000 in THREE days. Looks to me as if BT is going hardcore degen right in front of our eyes. It's sad to say, but all the evidence is right in front of you.

Even Sklansky saw this coming. He's often talked about how the great majority of "pros" will burn out and go bust. He said how they go on a spiral, they start losing big and their egos won't allow them to move down in limits. When they are finally forced to move down in limits due to no more monies, they try to push around solid winning players at these lower limits and get crushed due to their egos. Will be curious to see if BT can rebuild his roll if he moves down to 25/50, or if his ego takes over and he can no longer beat that game like Sklanksy said.

Seeing BT go bust sucks real bad and I hope he pulls out of it. However, saying BT could never go bust, as we see now, is complete nonsense. He's no more immune from the busto than anyone else.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:45 AM

Somebody want to PM a copy of his blog?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:54 AM

Who would have guessed there was variance in poker?

Im sure David "pokerdad" Sklansky is currently saying "I told you so but you young gambooolers wont listen to my nitty ass"
Old 07-23-2007, 11:54 AM

WTF guys, Brian is still up 2M-ish this year. He's not going to go bust, calm down.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF guys, Brian is still up 2M-ish this year. He's not going to go bust, calm down.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he is up one pot then.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder, what his total br is, like 15 mil tops maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Much less is my guess. Maybe half of your number.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:01 PM

im sure bri will be fine. i had a 400K downswing on a 1M roll about a year ago and i was fine, bounced back and then some. [censored] happens, everyone knows its going to, just deal w/it and move on. i know hes the best nlhe player in the world but perhaps its time to exercise some game selection until he gets his feet back under him? (ie instead of playing everyone, play everyone except the other 3 best players in the world)
Old 07-23-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't follow him as much as some here, but he does seem level headed. There is a perverse poker effect where good level-headed players see every downswing as the end of the world, and exaggerate their effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this could possibly be any more perfectly accurate.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would be hilarious to see Brian grinding 10/20 NL in 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the same reason it was funny to see Jerry Browne be the mayor of Oakland, see Flava Flav on the Surreal Life, to see Britney Spears become a fat ugly estranged wife etc

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i see, because you are a [censored].
Old 07-23-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just find it amusing how numerous know it alls on this forums have repeatedly laughed, criticized, and made fun on people who have said BT could go broke. He's the second coming of Christ, he can't lose, somebody will always back him etc. etc. So, if losing 3 million dollars in THREE days ain't losing, what is exactly?

You people just don't seem to realize this crap happens all the time. Over the years, how many internet pros who were the second coming at the time are now bust and never heard from? How many popular tourny pros over the years with millions of dollars and seemingly invincible are now being staked? How many times have you seen a pro athelete who was just dominating one year, than completely fades away. The examples of this happening are in every profession, every walk of life. What makes BT so great that he is immune to this?
People like to comment on how down to earth BT is, with no real gamboool in him. Right, within the past month or so we've seen him almost take up $300k coin flips with Sammy, start making large prop bets, Put in a $900k bluff against Bobby, and now monkey tilt away $3,000,000 in THREE days. Looks to me as if BT is going hardcore degen right in front of our eyes. It's sad to say, but all the evidence is right in front of you.

Even Sklansky saw this coming. He's often talked about how the great majority of "pros" will burn out and go bust. He said how they go on a spiral, they start losing big and their egos won't allow them to move down in limits. When they are finally forced to move down in limits due to no more monies, they try to push around solid winning players at these lower limits and get crushed due to their egos. Will be curious to see if BT can rebuild his roll if he moves down to 25/50, or if his ego takes over and he can no longer beat that game like Sklanksy said.

Seeing BT go bust sucks real bad and I hope he pulls out of it. However, saying BT could never go bust, as we see now, is complete nonsense. He's no more immune from the busto than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

He lost $2 million in 2 days. The $3 million figure refers to a longer period.