Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Default TPTK-good play or not?

Had my worst ever downswing today-10BI's at 10NL. Doesn't sound too bad, but it's awful for morale!
Thought I'd post a typical hand. According to PT, i'm tight aggressive/aggressive.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $17.80
BB: $11.45
UTG: $11.50
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $8.35</font>
CO: $19.25
BTN: $9.30

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">villain is 44/11 over 18 hands, so not much.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.30</font>, Hero calls $0.90, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, BB calls $2.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($7) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $7.20</font>, Hero calls all-in for $5.05
Uncalled bet of $2.15 returned to BB

<font color="black">River:</font> ($17.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $17.10 ($0.80 Rake)

BB had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$7.95)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and LOST (-$8.35)

To be honest I can see the major flaw here, and I did think about him being on AK at the time, but I was pretty much on tilt at this point...
Old 05-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: TPTK-good play or not?

You know its a fold on the flop.... drawing to 2 outs (and even then) you were RR PF, What he reraised you with AT and is now pushing?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:28 PM

10BI down at 10NL sounds really bad. And that hand was played very very bad. I dont want to sound like a douche, just telling u this way so that you improve.
You might call preflop, but a lot of people will tell you don't do it, and they are 60% right. You can only play that hand if you are trying to make a flush, two pair, or something as powerfull, and be carefull is you pair any of your cards. Read more posted hands, i think it would be good. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 PM

Don't post results because it will affect the advice you get. You should also not post your action on the turn, just his.

The preflop raise is pretty large to call out of position with an easily dominated hand. I know your sample size is small but you probably haven't seen him 3-betting lightly. The flop hit a large portion of his range I think. Betting is fine when we are checked to, but this should be the last money we put in the pot. Turn is a definite fold.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:31 PM

w/ position callin his 3bet pf is ok but hittin TPGK here isnt all that great. Flop is ok, id probably bet alittle more but after the diamond hits on the turn + its a king + we dont have a diamond I probably just give it up there...unless he 3bets Ax and is very aggro theres not much we beat here IMO.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:31 PM

He was not OOP.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:36 AM

I would fold pre, but if you want to make the call pre, then you're calling to either take it away if he seems loose, or to try to make 2pair/straight or flush draw which you can then semi bluff with, you're not calling to catch top pair and stack off to a 3bettor.
Although I still fold pre, his 3betting range is likely v tight, and you're often dominated, would prefer it if you called his 3bet with 56s rather than AJ!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:42 AM

i check-raise the flop...if he checks it...then u fire turn get raised and can prolly fold....thinking he's on a huge hand checking the flop.......the BB raising shoulda been a huge RED FLAG....that hand prolly belongs in the muck once he raised.....these stakes, no one is 3 betting a hand u can beat on the turn....maybe JJ's with jack of diamonds thats it..KP
Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 AM

Don't like your preflop call.
Anyway, bet the flop. Fold the turn, 3 diamonds out there and you only have Toppair, no Kicker.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I was pretty much on tilt at this point...

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go. You have to put him on a on a flush or two pair by the turn.