Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Reluctant/having trouble moving up levels

The biggest mistake at poker is not to move up to the next level when one doubles the bankroll (plus some) and one has beaten the current limit. If you lose half of the bankroll at the next level, earn it back, but not at the table you originally came from as going back there after one has beaten it is the second biggest mistake at poker (an exception would be professional play).
Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Reluctant/having trouble moving up levels

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to change levels all at once. Start by playing perhaps 70% at your old level and 30% at the new level. Gradually begin to move to the bigger level as the earnings justify it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree. Perhaps just play the higher level when you are running well, or just play with profit from that day. Part of the reason you are more successful at the $10 level has to be psychological - there is simply not that much difference (+40% vs -30% roi) in the standard of your opponents between $10 and $20 sitngos (not at the sites I play anyway...) I would say that if you try to make the transition gradually, it will help your confidence and therefore your game as you begin to see results at the higher level, and take some of the pressure off as you are still making money at the level you are more used to.