Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Is this money-making opportunity worth it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Observation: All of the haters have zero hustle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but this strikes me as a compliment, and I doubt you meant it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, the word hustle doesn't neccessarily have pejorative undertones. Great businessmen, succesful lawyers, others at the tops of their fields all have hustle. They see good opportunities and they seize them. I understand that poker players are lazy in general. Otherwise they'd be out doing something productive. I'm a little bit lazy too, but I know a good deal when I see one and I know when its time to take advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but when you say 'poker players are supposed to be the world's best hustlers,' you don't mean (or don't sound like you mean) point-guard hustle. You mean con-man hustle.
The former is not my premier talent, but I admire it a great deal. The latter is beneath me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at distinguishing great businessmen/successful lawyers and poker players hustles. They both do the same thing, one group just does it in a suit.

Hustling as anacardo puts it: point gaurd hustle/hard work is nothing to be admired in itself in my book

[/ QUOTE ]

Who distinquished bt the businessmen, lawyers and poker players? I don't think I did. Can you tell me where specifically I did this. Also, I think work for the sake of work is stupid too.

[/ QUOTE ]

anacardo did, kind of by default, you said that biz/lawyers have hustle (the good kind), he said that there is a diff between good and bad hustle, and Im saying that most lawyers/business men have a lot of con-men hustle in them. maybe I misread though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:07 PM

all i have to say is if that set is under $100, it is completely worth it. a kid at my prep school had this and once a week i would steal it and use it to shave. none of my good friends have the slightest idea about this and how awesome it is, but i think if you marketed it well/spread the word this idea might be profitable.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am only arguing about OP selling this particular item. In no way am I lookin down on selling things on eBay. It has been most of my income the last year or so because I am the laziest poker player alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sicc,

Does your harem know about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

Only the ones that have been to my place and seen CDs everywhere. Which is one currently.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

whats also hilarious is the fact that you are arguing against the fact that you dont want to waste time.....

while posting on 2p2 in oot.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO. Pure Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah.

This assumes it's a sure thing, which everyone agrees it isn't.

More to life than work and making money, and OP already indicated he makes a good living but doesn't have all that much free time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. This does not assume anything about the idea being a sure thing. Guids said in no uncertain terms that op might not be successful and then offered several avenues for op to recoup whatev $$$$ op had spent. The joke is funny because the person talking smack to guids said that ebay is stupid bc its a waste of time. Guids pointed out that this is ironic bc smack talker obviously does not believe that to be true as evidenced in the fact that he posts in oot.

I win.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't want to get into a price war with my rival in Glendale. Maybe I should email him, tell him I'm onto his game, and that for $250 I won't enter the market. Would that be illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be hilarious. Do it and write TR please!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i agree pls do it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it's illegal and anti-competitive.

guids, etc, can y'all tell me how much of a bite eBay and PayPal would take out of my profits? I still kind of want to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably about 10%-15% of the final sale price.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't want to get into a price war with my rival in Glendale. Maybe I should email him, tell him I'm onto his game, and that for $250 I won't enter the market. Would that be illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be hilarious. Do it and write TR please!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i agree pls do it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it's illegal and anti-competitive.

guids, etc, can y'all tell me how much of a bite eBay and PayPal would take out of my profits? I still kind of want to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably about 10%-15% of the final sale price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accept pokerstars transfers as payment to avoid paypal fees
Old 07-22-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong. This does not assume anything about the idea being a sure thing. Guids said in no uncertain terms that op might not be successful and then offered several avenues for op to recoup whatev $$$$ op had spent. The joke is funny because the person talking smack to guids said that ebay is stupid bc its a waste of time. Guids pointed out that this is ironic bc smack talker obviously does not believe that to be true as evidenced in the fact that he posts in oot.

I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic makes no sense. "Ebay is stupid because it's a waste of time". LOL. No one said that.

You guys are mixing up wasting time and downtime.

Quids said downtime is for chumps, so that makes all of us chumps since you guys consider OOT to be downtime/wasting time.

Quids offered several avenues to recoup spent $ if unsuccessful, yes, but that ignores the time spent in doing all this, which is gone forever once spent. Wasted time.

If you were talking a couple grand, it would be worth taking a shot. But for $500 tops profit, when you're already making good coin and have limited free time and don't know what kind of market there is for this stuff, might be more trouble than it's worth. That's all I'm saying.

You guys all seem to think it's a good bet, so are any of you going to check out Costco?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:27 PM

My mum has been a manager at costco for a while and there are tons of people who do this on tons of items. Poker tables and kites are some of the items that come to mind that she's told me recently of people coming in and buying out the 20+ stock.

This is def worth doing as total fees will only cost you around 13% and in the worst case costco's return policy lets you bring back everything.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:32 PM

This logic is nearly always a lazy excuse.

If this works you make a very good hourly AND possibility of doing many times in the future for even more AND have a different source of income AND maybe find something you enjoy doing if it doesn't work you take them all back to costco for 2 hours wasted and small listing fees.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Pay someone else to do it FTW?