Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Is this money-making opportunity worth it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Observation: All of the haters have zero hustle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but this strikes me as a compliment, and I doubt you meant it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, the word hustle doesn't neccessarily have pejorative undertones. Great businessmen, succesful lawyers, others at the tops of their fields all have hustle. They see good opportunities and they seize them. I understand that poker players are lazy in general. Otherwise they'd be out doing something productive. I'm a little bit lazy too, but I know a good deal when I see one and I know when its time to take advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but when you say 'poker players are supposed to be the world's best hustlers,' you don't mean (or don't sound like you mean) point-guard hustle. You mean con-man hustle.
The former is not my premier talent, but I admire it a great deal. The latter is beneath me.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but this strikes me as a compliment, and I doubt you meant it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, the word hustle doesn't neccessarily have pejorative undertones. Great businessmen, succesful lawyers, others at the tops of their fields all have hustle. They see good opportunities and they seize them. I understand that poker players are lazy in general. Otherwise they'd be out doing something productive. I'm a little bit lazy too, but I know a good deal when I see one and I know when its time to take advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but when you say 'poker players are supposed to be the world's best hustlers,' you don't mean (or don't sound like you mean) point-guard hustle. You mean con-man hustle.
The former is not my premier talent, but I admire it a great deal. The latter is beneath me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at distinguishing great businessmen/successful lawyers and poker players hustles. They both do the same thing, one group just does it in a suit.

Hustling as anacardo puts it: point gaurd hustle/hard work is nothing to be admired in itself in my book
Old 07-22-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't want to get into a price war with my rival in Glendale. Maybe I should email him, tell him I'm onto his game, and that for $250 I won't enter the market. Would that be illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be hilarious. Do it and write TR please!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i agree pls do it
Old 07-22-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone answer my ???? ab establishing a good rep on ebay? Tks

[/ QUOTE ]

sell a lot of stuff and dont screw anything up. its not hard there is no magiv formula.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm against con-man hustle as well. I never said anything about con-man hustle. You just read that in yourself. Probablly has to do with your worldviews and background beliefs. I was saying that the 'haters' don't have hustle because they discourage/don't take advantage of very ethical $$$ making opportunities.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't want to get into a price war with my rival in Glendale. Maybe I should email him, tell him I'm onto his game, and that for $250 I won't enter the market. Would that be illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be hilarious. Do it and write TR please!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i agree pls do it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it's illegal and anti-competitive.

guids, etc, can y'all tell me how much of a bite eBay and PayPal would take out of my profits? I still kind of want to do this.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at distinguishing great businessmen/successful lawyers and poker players hustles. They both do the same thing, one group just does it in a suit.

Hustling as anacardo puts it: point gaurd hustle/hard work is nothing to be admired in itself in my book

[/ QUOTE ]

Who distinquished bt the businessmen, lawyers and poker players? I don't think I did. Can you tell me where specifically I did this. Also, I think work for the sake of work is stupid too.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone answer my ???? ab establishing a good rep on ebay? Tks

[/ QUOTE ]

sell a lot of stuff and dont screw anything up. its not hard there is no magiv formula.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing its easier to sell cheap stuff @ first until my rep is built? I mean I would never buy anything from a brand new seller who hasn't legitimately sold anything yet. There's ppl out there who take the risk?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who distinquished bt the businessmen, lawyers and poker players? I don't think I did. Can you tell me where specifically I did this. Also, I think work for the sake of work is stupid too.

[/ QUOTE ]

anacardo did, kind of by default, you said that biz/lawyers have hustle (the good kind), he said that there is a diff between good and bad hustle, and Im saying that most lawyers/business men have a lot of con-men hustle in them. maybe I misread though.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

whats also hilarious is the fact that you are arguing against the fact that you dont want to waste time.....

while posting on 2p2 in oot.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO. Pure Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah.

This assumes it's a sure thing, which everyone agrees it isn't.

More to life than work and making money, and OP already indicated he makes a good living but doesn't have all that much free time.