Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Re: *********To All CEO Poker Tour Participants******

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Stephen:

No one gets attacked more in the Internet/poker world than I do. It's just part of what Internet forums like ours are about. But I have learned to just take them in stride and concentrate on those matters that are important and not worry about unimportant details.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mason [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2007, 06:34 AM

Hi Everyone:

I just noticed something, I think:

Here is the link to the CEO poker tournaments:

http://www.ceopokertour.com/tournaments.html

I looked at this a couple of days ago and remember seeing another event scheduled at The Venetian in August. Now there is no August event listed. So am I remembering this right, or has there been a change to their tournament listings?

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 07-22-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at this a couple of days ago and remember seeing another event scheduled at The Venetian in August. Now there is no August event listed. So am I remembering this right, or has there been a change to their tournament listings?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like I am right. Here's a link to an article on pokertips.org:

http://www.pokertips.org/news/articles/2706.php

At the end of the article it says:

[ QUOTE ]
The next CEO Poker Tour event is planned August 30-September 10 at the Venetian in Las Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 AM

Mason (or anyone else in Vegas),

Do you have the contact information for the Caesars poker room manager so that they can be contacted about these alleged improprieties before they put plans in motion to host the next CEO Poker Tournament Series from Nov 26 - Dec 3.

It is great to see that the dedication of the posters on this forum has helped to make it more difficult for the CEO Poker Tour to continue further thefts. If this tournament has indeed been canceled then it is nice to know that all it took was the threat of a lawsuit and a gaming commission inquiry for the Venetian to pay attention to the hidden fees and to reevaluate their relationship with Maria Gomez.

Steve
Old 07-22-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Stephen:

No one gets attacked more in the Internet/poker world than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

big call
Old 07-22-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Stephen:

No one gets attacked more in the Internet/poker world than I do. It's just part of what Internet forums like ours are about. But I have learned to just take them in stride and concentrate on those matters that are important and not worry about unimportant details.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

ban
Old 07-22-2007, 12:22 PM

I have not yet paid dues to the PPA. I am one of the "silent majority". Voiceless internet poker players that want our right to internet porker returned in the US.

I had considered joining the PPA but was not certain that the organization would properly utilize funds in a realistic manner to achieve the goal that I found righteous.

This discussion of the PPA utilizing member fees to pursue a legal dispute totally removed from the issue of the legality of internet poker a very important test of the purpose of the organization. I have no desire to pay fees to an organization to make sure that poker players are not cheated (as appears to be true in this case).

So my take home message it this: What is the purpose of the PPA? If it is entirely devoted to legalizing internet poker in the US then I would support that effort. If it is 98% devoted to that goal then I have no concern in subsidizing other interest.

I am sure their are a great many other internet poker players that share my position in this matter.

Obviously, I hope that those that may have been harmed by CEOPoker are made whole but I have no desire to subsize that effort.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:04 PM

Very well stated, jalexone. I've been following the thread, and as an internet player myself, since poker is illegal in my state, I feel Stephen/double/fiji are wasting the PPA's time! While they are trying to stick up for what's right (which we all can appreciate), all attention should be focused on getting the online gaming bill overturned. This is affecting millions of players and this is really what the PPA is all about. This sounds more like a matter for Jesse and the WPA.

I believe all PPA dollars should be devoted to the online cause. If they start wasting time and money with the CEO tour, where will it stop? I can think of a number of lousy tournies where there wasn't full disclosure of the payout structure. After playing in some of those events, I chose not to play again. If other players feel the same, then those tournies die.

But if Stephen feels that going after CEO to get 50-70k returned to the Venetian ME players is more important than the strides the PPA is making towards reversing the gaming bill, then he's not representing millions of players' best interests.

On another note, Maria's statement said that they want players in the community to join their "board". If Stephen/doublejoker/fiji feel so strongly about this, why don't they offer to join the organization? I'm sure that if they were on the Board, these problems will never surface again with the CEO tour.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On another note, Maria's statement said that they want players in the community to join their "board". If Stephen/doublejoker/fiji feel so strongly about this, why don't they offer to join the organization? I'm sure that if they were on the Board, these problems will never surface again with the CEO tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think "joining the board" of an apparently corrupt organization is going to change the perception and correct the past dealings of the organization. It would be like joining the board of Enron. Once the company has been looted - whats left?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very well stated, jalexone. I've been following the thread, and as an internet player myself, since poker is illegal in my state, I feel Stephen/double/fiji are wasting the PPA's time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Things that make you go hmmm...

It's funny how a 5 month old account sits idly by and then his first 2 post are concerning the CEO Poker Tour.

Why would pursuing a company that has potentially defrauded poker players out of prize money earnings be a waste of time?

If it had been an online poker company defrauding players would it then be okay for the PPA to step in?

Once again, from the PPA web site:
<font color="blue">
WHO IS THE POKER PLAYERS ALLIANCE?
The Poker Players Alliance is a nonprofit membership organization comprised of poker players and enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game, ensure its integrity, and, most importantly, to protect poker players' rights.
</font>
If the PPA does not step in to help, then they damn sure need to change their core premise because that's what is at the heart of this issue.

You are either for fairness in the poker community (online or brick &amp; mortar) or you are with those who want to exploit &amp; defraud money from us. Where do you stand?

[ QUOTE ]

If Stephen/doublejoker/fiji feel so strongly about this, why don't they offer to join the organization? I'm sure that if they were on the Board, these problems will never surface again with the CEO tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an silly statement. After all that has come to light- do you really think this is to be a trusted group?

So tell me, do you have any relations or involvement with the members of the CEO Poker Tour?