Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Suggestions for a short road trip.

2 of my friends and I have decided to go on a short(3-5 days) road trip. But that's pretty much all we've got...We don't really know where we want to go or what we want to do or anything. We don't really have too many ideas at this point, we're getting together tomorrow to try to do a little planning. What I'm looking for is just a few suggestions.

We'll most likely do one of two things:
1)have a final destination in mind, and stop various places before reaching or final destination. Spend a few days here, and then return home.

2)Go all over the place, make a bunch of stops, do all kinds of stuff.

If we do #2 we'll see a lot more places and do more stuff but it will probably be a lot more driving.

Either way the furthest we want to go from home(Cincinnati) is probably about 1,000 miles.

Suggestions for places to go, things to see, stuff to do? We were kind of talking about camping as one option. We're all 18 if that makes any kind of a difference.

Also, my friends are both kind of potheads, so places that are a little better for smoking(such as places with low population or outdoor stuff) might be a good idea.

Thanks.

Also, will it be a big deal if they drive my car(in case of a ticket or accident)? We will be taking my car but I do not want to be stuck doing all the driving.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Suggestions for a short road trip.

If you guys like sports, go to the Football and Baseball Hall of Fame. The football one is in Ohio and the Baseball one is in NY. It won't matter who's driving the car. But if the cops find pot, yea you might be screwed since it's your car.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:28 AM

If you only have 3 to 5 days, 1000 miles is going to chew up your trip with the drive time.

You should shoot up to Grand Haven, MI. Nice beaches featuring bitches ur age. No prob with the police if you mind your manners. The water is around 70 and it is supposed to get warmer as the week goes on.

Plenty o' camping nearby and it's only about 350 miles away. Coast Guard Festival from the 27th to August 5th should insure a good time.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you only have 3 to 5 days, 1000 miles is going to chew up your trip with the drive time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither of us have any kind of commitments besides work, so we could be gone longer than 5 days if we feel like...100 miles is just a number I basically pulled out of my ass. I really doubt we would go that far anyways.

What else is in/around Grand Haven besides beaches and bitches(even though I have a girlfriend, so that doesn't really apply to me... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're all 18 if that makes any kind of a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beaches and bitches, yo. What more do you want?

Nevertheless there is great golf, the Silver Lake sand dunes, good fishing and stuff.

If more dramatic terrain is your thing, then maybe you should head down to Gatlinburg, TN. Awesome camping, hiking and touristy shenanigans. I had a couple of great trips down there when I was your age.

But seriously though, dude. Unless you guys are unusually cultured and refined for your age, GH should be an all star program.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:38 AM

I agree with DFR, camping or beaches sound awesome, I'm not too familiar with that part of town but I can confidently say that this will be something that'll be a blast... make sure you get plenty of booze and green for the trip and don't speed in area's you're not familiar with
Old 07-22-2007, 04:08 AM

Grand Haven State Park

Forget about the gf. In a few years you will hate yourself for being faithful to her.

Instead, come up to GH during Coast Guard Fest. Park teh car and relax for a few days. It is relatively close, cheap, and hassle free.

Here you will find hot chicks in bikinis. You will get invited out on their boats, and to their beach parties, and/or cottages. You will do bong rips and shots with them. Then you will bang said bong ripping, shot drinking, beach partying, boating chicks.

Rinse and repeat.

Not tryin' to sell ya anything fancy, kid. Just hopin' you'll take the advice of someone who wishes he could be 18 again, knowing what he knows now! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2007, 04:31 AM

Anywhere is better that stinky, humid, dirty craphole you call Cincinnati.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:47 AM

Canada must be involved in this trip somehow. If not Montreal than at least Windsor City, and preferably Toronto. Drinking in bars at age 18 (maybe 19 in Ontario) is not to be underestimated. When I went to Montreal in May a US driver's liscense was all that was required.

And you could hit all that Michigan stuff already mentioned on the way if it's any good.

I think the main limiting factor in this trip is going to be cost.

If this was me, I would go from Cinci to Detroit (or nearby less ghetto area in MI) to Toronto, to Montreal, to Burlington, VT, to NYC, to Philly, to Pittsburgh, and home.

What are you guys interested in? If you could find any cool sporting events or concerts to travel too that would be even better. Another cool reason for a road trip is visiting distant friends if you have any in range.