Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: my 100k hands at 25nl

Jerry,

FOR THE LAST FREAKIN TIME!

STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN PF STATS, STOP MAKING STUPID THREADS THAT WILL NOT HLEP YOU OR ANYONE ELSE, STOP COMPLAINING THAT YOU ARE DOOMSWITCHED(at least in a real thread) AND STOP LOOKING FOR SOME QUICK FIX. IT DOESNT EXIST, NEVER HAS, NEVER WILL. IF I HAVE TO LOCK ONE MORE THREAD STARTED BY YOU, I AM BANNING YOU FOR A MONTH.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jerry,

FOR THE LAST FREAKIN TIME!

STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN PF STATS, STOP MAKING STUPID THREADS THAT WILL NOT HLEP YOU OR ANYONE ELSE, STOP COMPLAINING THAT YOU ARE DOOMSWITCHED(at least in a real thread) AND STOP LOOKING FOR SOME QUICK FIX. IT DOESNT EXIST, NEVER HAS, NEVER WILL. IF I HAVE TO LOCK ONE MORE THREAD STARTED BY YOU, I AM BANNING YOU FOR A MONTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't say anything about pf stats other people asked for them....
Old 07-22-2007, 02:34 AM

thanks for all the replies maybe one day i will figure this out.

[ QUOTE ]
you went to NL25 cause you couldnt beat NL10 or whats the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually played most of the 10nl hands after doing the 100k at 25nl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My advice would be to make some vids and post them on 2p2, this def wouldnt hurt (and if you do dont be a noob, use a mic no audio is no bueno [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). Also if you can afford it look into gettin a coach or find someone that is decent that can sweat you im sure you could find someone that would do this for you for a reasonalbe price.

[/ QUOTE ]He's made quite a few vids over the past couple months for 2p2. I have helped him for free for about a month or so and when I first talked to him he was not as loose as he is now. He played somewhere around 8-9vpip and 4-7pfr, so the stats are not really reflective of how he plays preflop anymore. So nowadays he is looser and positionally aware. From what I have seen cutting down tables and stealing more would help out alot, but he likes getting so much rakeback and will not listen to cutting down.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks so much for the help you have given me thus far but as it stands now if i don't know what to do differently then what difference does it make how many tables i play? i am going to make the same mistakes at 1 table and there will just be more variance and it will take longer to figure out whats wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
This is really an excellent point. Jerry are you cbetting everytime you raise and it is heads-up? What size of cbet are you making? You should post your detailed aggression factor stats.

[/ QUOTE ]
i do not cbet if the flop if the villian is a station and the flop could hit a wide range of hands. but i do usually delayed cbet everytime they check twice (that is when i have air....i always cbet heads up if i hit the flop). if the villian is competent and i can actually put him on a range i will cbet just about everytime. i usually cbet about 70-75% of the pot.

i wasn't quite sure what you meant by detailed aggression stats but i think this is it

[ QUOTE ]
I'll third this..Far far to much focus on the PF number...Problem is post flop..Playing more hands will only increase the problem until you learn how to play them better post flop...

Please post your position stats...

[/ QUOTE ]

here are my position stats
Old 07-22-2007, 02:51 AM

The blinds are where he's hemmoraging.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:54 AM

thanks so much for the help you have given me thus far but as it stands now if i don't know what to do differently then what difference does it make how many tables i play? i am going to make the same mistakes at 1 table and there will just be more variance and it will take longer to figure out whats wrong.

This is WRONG...Your mistakes are repetitious in nature...You are making them over and over and over again and do not even realize it because it all seems STANDARD..Playing fewer tables will allow you to focus on EVERY hand and these mistakes will be more visible...For example one of my leaks has always been getting more value out of my marginal hands...
Old 07-22-2007, 03:17 AM

posting all these numbers here will not solve your problem. it really sounds like you need a coach.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:21 AM

Jerry, what I am about to tell you will be the best advice in this whole thread, so listen closely.

<font color="red"><ul type="square">[*]Forget everything you know about poker.[*]Take 30 days off from playing any poker at all.[*]Instead, study (not skim) every single link in my anthology (the first link in the Essential uNL sticky).[*]After 30 days, start playing again with 4 tables and play for a week. If you are bored <u>and</u> making money, add 2 more. Do not play more than 6.[/list].</font>
It is obvious to me that you are looking for a quick fix (you have posted stats, etc). What you need is to relearn the game. Losing after 100k hands of 25NL can be attributed to only sheer laziness. Now suck it up and do your homework. Nobody, absolutely nobody having put forth an honest effort at studying all the material available on 2p2 for micro 6max games would have stats as tight/weird as yours.

Good luck.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:55 AM

when i filter my hands to see how effective my stealing is based upon the instructions in http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&amp;PHPSESSID=

it says i am winning .39bb/hand. when i multiplay that by 100 as instructed it is obviously much greater than twice my winrate so is my attempt to steal something i should really be worried about?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After that I would start at the top of this 2+2 NL anthology put together by pr0crast at http://www.pr0crast.com/2+2.NL.Anthology.v1.htm . There is a ton of wisdom in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks! very nice compilation!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here are my position stats

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe someone else can analyse these stats better but to me it looks that he's losing so much in blinds that he can't even make it up from other positions. In other words, he's playing so tight that he can't get enough value for good hands. I bet his BB/hand for best hands is quite small. I know that many have said "don't mind about pf stats, your problems are in post-flop". While that is most likely true, I will say it once more (at the risk of being banned): Loosen up. If your post-flop is the problem then you will be losing more. But if your post-flop is decent then you will be getting more blind money and more value for your better hands. If you want to keep playing nit, go to full ring where blinds don't hurt you so much.