Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: calling for str8 on paired flop

Why are you donking the river. Turn is a fold against sane opponents. Even if MP2 is overplaying AK or something, MP2 should have the boat.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:58 AM

niediam i think you're being results oriented because postflop came trickily, but that's unrelated to the pf. the pf call in a vacuum isn't even close.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
niediam i think you're being results oriented because postflop came trickily, but that's unrelated to the pf. the pf call in a vacuum isn't even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why does SSH and other books say to fold?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:27 AM

Because SSHE was designed for tables where people raise basically JJ+, if that, and the rest of the books are for weak-tight weenies.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because SSHE was designed for tables where people raise basically JJ+, if that, and the rest of the books are for weak-tight weenies.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then why does SSH have us 3betting (in loose games) 99-JJ, AK, and AQ?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:05 AM

I think PF is horrible, but other than that...

You get the right odds on the flop the first time around (I'd actually even raise this sometimes), but when it's another two back to you again, it's pretty tough to decide whether to continue or to let go of this.

SSHE says that drawing dead is not as bad as it sounds, but here it really is. You paid 8 BB to see the showdown hoping to win 36, which is still plenty, but not enough for me against two people capping all streets.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:30 AM

If they are all loose-passive I would call preflop, otherwise fold. With aggressive players its though to play. What do the other players have? Flush draw is possible (probably UTG), but MP2 more likely has something with KQ, AQ, AK or QQ, KK, CO might have anything with K because just called pf. I would probably bet the flop and would fold with all the action behind. There are too many hands out there to beat me even if I caught the str8 on the turn.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 AM

Calling 1 more in the BB pf with JTs doesnt seem like spew to me. Most people know that they are not playing JT for pair value in a raised pot, so a lot of the trouble you might get into playing 'weak' hands is avoided.

I would be looking to fold when the hand gets bat-[censored] crazy on the flop. If you are playing with people that are not drooling on themselves, then your up against any of the following: Quads, a set, a boat, a flush draw, and the nut strt draw.

Calling the first 2 cold in that position may be OK, but when it is two back to me, I begin to wonder how many outs I have, if any. you may have 6 outs, and since KK, QQ and KQ are a pretty big part of even the biggest donkeys PFR range, you could be drawing dead.

So, I would most likely fold for the 2nd 2 bets on the flop.

When it is 4 bets on the turn, I assume my hand is no goot, unless I am playing with someone who I know is capable of getting crazy with a trips, cuz that is pretty much the only hand you are beating. Plus, MP2 ck raised the turn, and CO capped it, inspite of being ck-raised by TWO different people.

T
Old 07-22-2007, 10:55 AM

I fold for the first two on the flop, and as played probably fold to the turn cap. You're getting about breakeven odds on your straight IF it would always win but it's tainted on multiple fronts. You have to realize that an A is more likely than usual to give someone a boat here (if pfr doesn't already have one). All three river decisions are wrong.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:56 AM

SSHE says call JT in BB but as some here say, if you're not very comfortable post flop it's easy to get into trouble. When it's bet and raised infront of me on a flop with two overcards, one of the paired, in two suits and I could be drawing to a chop (or be dead if another K or Q falls) quite often I look for a reason to fold. Irl, that fold can be hard to find when the pot is growing, but getting stuck in the middle of a raising war is not fun either.