Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 08:13 PM

Default NL50: Representing a monster (I hope)

Ok just recently bought into this 50-max FR game. Villian in this hand seems pretty LAG when I joined was 5-handed and he was raising PF w/ hands like 34os etc.

Hero: I don't really have any image yet except I haven't really gotten out of line yet and haven't raised PF once in the 10-15 hands I have been dealt.

I am dealt KdJd in the SB. One limper in MP and villian in CO decides to raise to $2, I call from SB and BB and limper both call.
Pot = $8

Flop comes 8d 2d 8s I check planning to just call a bet and keep pot as small as possible, it gets checked around.

Turn is a 10h I check as do BB and MP limper and villian bets $2 into $8 pot I call, BB folds and MP calls.

River is a 4c -- Checked to villian who bets $4, I think about folding for a bit and then raise to $9.

Ok?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Representing a monster (I hope)

The place to do that would of been the turn. This small raise will likley get called by anyone willing to value bet the river.
A bluff on turn, followed by a second barrel shot at the river would have been better!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Representing a monster (I hope)

I was just trying to keep pot small in case one of limpers had an eight so I could see my flush draw and also didn't want to have other crazy guy try push his whole stack w/ his straight draw or air and get me to fold, was kinda scared to do this on turn.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: NL50: Representing a monster (I hope)

Nothing wrong with folding preflop.

As played preflop, donk bet the flop. Represent an 8x and see if the guys behind you stick around. Be willing to fold to a big raise.

Fire at the turn instead of c/c. The T probably didn't improve anybody's hand given the flop action (unless somebodys slowplaying a flopped full house or quads).

I don't like the river raise. Villain will call with any pair, and possibly call with Ace high given the size of the raise relative to the pot and the action to the river. If you want to bluff at the river, just fire at the river. But I'd rather just c/f the river as played.