Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Professional No Limit Holdem Vol 1, Reviews

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We know about the error. It's also on Sit 'n Go Strategies, and in addition, we reprinted at the same time Harrington: Volume I and Harrington: Volume II and believe the same error is also there.

We'll get it corrected when we reprint.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that 2 + 2 has some wonderful editing. According to MM this egregious mistake is present in 4 different volumes (he believes). Attention fanboys, please come and tell me how stupid I am to ridicule this absolutely atrocious and laughable error, on the cover, no less, OF FOUR F-ING DIFFERENT BOOKS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares? Why would you care?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:34 AM

So I just spent the last 8 hours or so reading the book. The first half or so of the book was pretty basic stuff that I already knew, but I could see how it could be helpful to lesser experienced players. I really did learn a ton from the second half of the book, which will hopefully make me lots of money in the future. Im sure it will either do that or make me go broke. I am a little concerned that the book only gives examples of how to play hands like AK when you make top pair. What about the times where you get a SPR of 4 or so then miss. Im sure betting is still what is going to be suggested in a later volume, but that sort of puts you near being committed. Hopefully this will be addressed in a later volume. All in all though, I have learned more from this book than I have from any other in the recent past.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We know about the error. It's also on Sit 'n Go Strategies, and in addition, we reprinted at the same time Harrington: Volume I and Harrington: Volume II and believe the same error is also there.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that 2 + 2 has some wonderful editing. According to MM this egregious mistake is present in 4 different volumes (he believes). Attention fanboys, please come and tell me how stupid I am to ridicule this absolutely atrocious and laughable error, on the cover, no less, OF FOUR F-ING DIFFERENT BOOKS.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, question me and my motivations. Make me the focus, not the amateurish editing mistake I am simply pointing out. Exhibit B. Next?

ETA. You sound like freaking scientologists. "What are your crimes?"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y

"Why are you afraid of Sklansky?"
Old 07-21-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, question me and my motivations. Make me the focus, not the amateurish editing mistake I am simply pointing out. Exhibit B. Next?

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about getting worked up over nothing...
Old 07-21-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about getting worked up over nothing...

[/ QUOTE ]

just wait.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:36 AM

I figured id reply and let everyone know that if tonights results were indication of the future, I will be broke within a month.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't understand what you are trying to say.

2p2 provides hands down the best books on Hold'em (and probably other poker games and gambling topics but I can't say from experience). Why would I/should I care if they misspell something? Does this somehow invalidate the content?
Old 07-21-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here we go....attack me not my statement. Exhibit A. Who else wants to tell me I'm an idiot for pointing out the painfully obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will. First off, it's not an editing error, it's a proof reading error. Those are two completely different things.

Second, unfortunately, the back cover, while proof read, didn't go through the type of proof reading the rest of the manuscript does, and due to our cover design contest and lots of last minute changes, the cover wasn't ready for proofing until right before it was printed. In addition, the final type set version of our text (without card pictures and diagrams, etc.) is provided by Two Plus Two to our printer. The back cover is actually the other way around. We submit to the graphics department at our printer, and they do the type setting on the final cover. So while I did submit it with the correct spelling, the error occurred after they got it. And again, I did make the final approval, but that was shortly before the printing began. On the text inside the book, several people do read it before publication in an attempt to cut down on this type of error. But due to deadlines we had to meet, that was not done on the back covers of the four books we printed.

While that's no excuse for the error, and we find it very irritating, it will be corrected on our next printing. But this is what happens in the publishing business, and we do our best to keep it to a minimum.

MM
Old 07-21-2007, 05:17 AM

Mason,

If that's the only error anyone finds in the book, then you aren't charging us enough.

Thanks to you, Ed, Sonny & Matt for a quality product. I look forward to getting my copy from ConJelCo and doubling my BB/100.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 AM

Not a fan of scientology, but the guy with the camera was a douche.