Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 05:08 AM

Default I need a complete healthy meal plan

Today I learned that most the males in my family that have died did so because of a stroke. My grandpa is completely paralyzed on the left side because he's had two in the last two years (it's amazing he's still alive).

Scary stuff.

I looked up stroke on wikipedia and it says that one of the major factors is high blood pressure. Well, hello diet of cinnamon toast crunch and chipotle.

I can do the workout stuff on my own, I was a three-sport varsity athlete in high school. But I've never had good eating habits. I don't even know how.

So what I want is a complete eating plan. Something that will tell me exactly what to eat every day for two weeks. I've found cookbooks that have a bunch of healthy meals, but all of them seem so complicated. I want a simple, comprehensive, cohesive plan so that I can get started eating right. Honestly I need to be spoonfed at the beginning and I'll develop better eating habits/intelligence.

This is important to me. Some day people are going to depend on me. I could really use some help.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: I need a complete healthy meal plan

whatever it is, it should be oatmeal for breakfast, and 3-5g of fish oil throughout the day.

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1651364

I've got a pretty good bulking diet posted in my log.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:33 AM

i read some guys review on what he kept in his kitchen, i remember his first rule was something like 'whatever you have in your house you will eventually consume' which I think is pretty much the first step to not eating badly. Anyone got the link for that? I think the guy was italian or something.

I don't work out but like to eat really 'clean' anyway since I just feel way better when I do. IMO a lot of the important stuff is just learning how to cook well so you don't have to add heaps of sauces etc; EG learn how to poach and egg and you can cook a perfect egg with no oil etc. Also, try to have stuff conveniently ready so that you don't just go buy fast food when you can't be bothered cooking (EG have a container full of oatmeal with raisins in it; have a big bottle of homemade pasta sauce in the fridge, cook some pasta for 10 minutes, add a can of broken up tuna, u have a delicious meal if you cook this well).

Get used to eating fruit to sweeten things, EG add half an apple to your oatmeal rather than sugar. Add vegetables to most the foods you eat, randomly; eg its pretty easy to eat half a bag of spinach with some eggs and toast in the morning; surprisingly great combo, and you just have to wilt the spinach in the pan when you're done cooking the eggs. I buy this really good green tea that smells of passionfruit from this asian guy down the road and add a little honey and cook up a pot of it and then put that in the fridge; which is way better for than juice as long as you don't sweeten it too much.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11049630
Here's a thread on cooking eggs.

Basically if i was you i would:
Learn to cook a chickenbreast/lean beef stirfry with broccoli, peppers, and brown rice.

Learn to cook a piece of fish properly; learn to steam beans, broccoli, carrots, etc. Even boiled they're ok, and very easy that way too.

Learn to make a salad that doesn't suck; one of the keys is washing the leaves really well, then using a salad spinner to dry them (I don't own one but if u wrap the leaves up in a clean tea towel and wave it around your head it will dry them properly anyway, but you will look a bit silly) and then adding a little homemade dressing (for your purposes try just adding 1/3 / 2/3 combo of apple cider vinegar, olive oil and a grind of pepper).

All these things are really easy to learn and do.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my family that have died did so because of a stroke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard this is linked to a copper deficiency so whatever you do eat some foods high in copper like beans and raisins and such.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:58 AM

read john berardi's stuff...go to borders and pick up the metabolism advantage...its got meal plans for a couple weeks or so...plus some good info and workout stuff...

or you could keep it simple and use jason ferruggia's get big simply meal plan...chicken breast, cup of rice, cup of veggies, repeat six times per day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i read some guys review ... 'whatever you keep in your kitchen you will eventually eat'

[/ QUOTE ]Not really true for me. I just don't feel my girlfriend deserves oral sex.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i read some guys review ... 'whatever you keep in your kitchen you will eventually eat'

[/ QUOTE ]Not really true for me. I just don't feel my girlfriend deserves oral sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

D
Old 07-21-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

D

[/ QUOTE ]

hey at least he keeps her in the kitchen where she belongs
Old 07-21-2007, 01:59 PM

avoid salt
do cardio
??????

Live loooong time
Old 07-21-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

D

[/ QUOTE ]Oh come on I put two jokes together. That's a never-fail formula.