Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 02:03 AM

Default beat: i LOST with ACES to some stupid jerk

i took four somas (claridsprinol or something--theyre like muscle relaxants) and i parked at caesars and i was going to go to venetian or wynn but i could barely walk so i went to the flamingo and all they have is 1-2 so it was time to play some serious 1-2. anyway i short stack it for 100 like i used to cuz i cant even really see and im freaking out a little bit. anyway, so like 20 hands in this gangster mexican guy sits down with his cronie and he raises his first hand and wins whatever hes a tough guy. then when hes utg he goes, "oye, dealer, can i straddle?" and dealer is like yeah. so he straddles and im utg+1 and i get AA and im like, ooooh sheeeeeiiit you know im limpin with this becuase this idiot is guarenteed to raise the straddle to like 20 or at least defend it when someone else raises then im all in and im gonna win. but then like two people call and he just checks and im like god damn it. so the flop comes

4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

and he leads out and bets $30 im like lol wtf there is no way he has two pair, so i call. everyone else folds.

turn:

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he bets $40 so i have $20 left if i call. i think of raising here, but i want to see what he has, and its not like anyone is folding for $20 more in a $170 pot, and i dont want to have to show first and then have him muck. so i just call.

river:

7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he goes "im all in" and pushes in like $230 and im like, lol hey vato, i only have $20 and i call and he goes, "two pair!"

and flips over 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and im like, "thats not two pair--oh, wait nevermind, nice river." gg what a cooler.

but what hurts the most is when i was stumbling away from the table some guy says to the mexican guy, "nice hand. did he limp in with those?" and hes like, "yeah, man. thats what happens when you limp in with aces."

and im sure hes gonna tell his stupid girlfriend, "of course i won at poker, baby. durr im hella good durr these cats dont know what theyre doing durr this guy tried to limp in with aces i took all his money cuz i had two pair durrrr."

it just. it just hurts.

in conclusion: have you ever noticed that when people who arent good suck out on someone, they always try to justify it by saying the other guy made a bad play and act like theyre better than the person they sucked out on. durrrrr thats what happens when you limp in with aces. durrrr

I PLAYED IT PERFECT AND HE STACKED OFF 50 BBS WITH A PAIR OF 8S WITH A 7 KICKER. I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA.

it just hurts.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: beat: i LOST with ACES to some stupid jerk

nh
Old 07-21-2007, 02:13 AM

You're bad.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:14 AM

you played it well and thats all you can ask for,
sometimes donks suck out and thats just part of their nature,
in the long run they'll be giveing you thier money,
and in the end thats all you can ask for, honey,
Old 07-21-2007, 02:15 AM

I expected this post to suck but somehow it didn't. I feel your pain OP, even if you don't.