Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 04:47 PM

Default NL50 - Going in with TT?

Effective stack sizes is 50$
So, I raise it up to $2 from MP with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A really aggresive opponents 3-bets it up to 6$ from the button. This guy is really aggresive and doesn't like to fold hands. I've seen him 3-bet with hands such as A9s before and one time when I 3-betted him he 4-bet bluffed (I shoved and he folded). A donk coldcalls in the bigblind, not much too worry about becasue the guys a real station. I call to ofcourse and we're three people to see the flop.

Pot is 16,5$
4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks and I check, then button bets 11$. I think that he would cbet here with hands as weak as 88 with a club. BB folds and I shove it in.

What do you guys think about the shove and the hand? Did I take things to far or was it OK to play this one aggro? How would things change if the button wasn't as aggresive, say he was a normal TAG.?
Old 07-20-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: NL50 - Going in with TT?

3bet preflop and go all in
Old 07-20-2007, 06:24 PM

You mean 4-bet pf?
Just make it $50 from $6?, don't you think I will just be called by better hands then? And turn my tens into a bluff? Sry, doesn't understand, explain plz.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:30 PM

this is tough... probably folding pre or raising definitely not calling... reasons being im out of position, BB has called $6 pre flop altho he may be a station he is not calling this bet without a quality hand... in this current situation you are not folding.. you have called the raise pre flop to make your hand and here it is and you have got an overpair to the board exactly what you were looking for pre flop... shove
Old 07-20-2007, 06:34 PM

ya i really don't like to be oop against hyper aggressive players throughout the hand so i am trying to get my money in pre or foldng like what tiger said
Old 07-20-2007, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the input boys!

Oh,, I just noticed I made a mistake in the orginal post, the pot on the flop is $18,25 ofcourse.

I still don't get the 4-bet pf. Yes we will be OOP, but if I raise, and therefore get commited, right?, I will only be called by better hands or coinflips. Yes he's aggressive, but that doesn't mean that he will call med with 99 or 88.

Hmz, how would this all change if 1. BB hadn't call, and 2. button would be a TAG with a smaller 3-bet range?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya i really don't like to be oop against hyper aggressive players throughout the hand so i am trying to get my money in pre or foldng like what tiger said

[/ QUOTE ]woo go me!!! well the reason we are overplaying our 10 10 is as you said because he is hyper aggressive... we want villain to fold.. calling our raise means we are crushed or coinflip.. i would be calling against an average player altho out of position
Old 07-20-2007, 06:46 PM

You played it fine.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]if the intention was to shove a flop that had all under cards then yes played it fine...
Old 07-21-2007, 02:24 AM

I'd rather lead on a board like this. Check-raising is fine I guess but it really stings when you get all checks.

If he's a TAG it doesn't change things all that much. I still probably lead a great amount of the time and sometimes check-raise.