Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 04:29 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
y'all are just as bad as alot of the dealers i know, never happy with what you have,

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god the irony is killing me.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
700 dealers?
How many of them spent the past week dealing side games, gaining tokes while the ME was going on?
How many dealt the 15 non-bracelet events that ran July 9th to 16th, gaining tips while the ME was going on?
So to say the ME tokes were spread out over 700 dealers more that a bit misleading.

Simple.
Publish an "average" dealers take for the WSOP.
Then we can see if the dealers were "stiffed".

Until then, quit bashing CF for educating Yang as to the realities of the money taken out up front.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was wrong, plain and simple. AS for the dealers, 700+ for all 3 shifts, dealers are paid by down this year so when they are sent to the live section, they are not getting part of the pool, only if you pitch a card on a tourney table. ALL tourneys held from the 6th to the end are all pooled into the same fund. And I will continue to speak the truth about CF just like I have been all along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you only get 65% of the 1.8% Chris may not have known this. He knew they took out about 1.8% for the dealers so that's what he said. If there were 13k dealer hours for the main event 65% of 1.8% of 62 million is still $55.80 per dealer hour.

If chris had the dealer hours and knew the exact % of the prize pool dealers got, and gave this information to JY so he knew how much $ per hour you guys were getting from the vig i doubt his number would have been anything other than 0.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:56 PM

pkrporcupine likes her job and the pay, she said so 100s of times in this thread, yet in her OP she said:

"Now I am not good at math without chips and cards infront of me but everything that goes into the toke pool must be shared between all dealers for that 11 days and going by CF's number that he stated in the payout room to Jerry means that we should only recieve $214 for 11 days of work? HMMM THAT DOESNT SOUND TO GOOD TO ME."
"It Was very wrong of CF to state it in that manner because he was flat out MISLEADING [...] Of course i was PISSED, not that Jerry declined to tip but that CF was giving him great advice on everything else but was COMPLETELY wrong when it came to the dealers." L.M.F.A.O!!!

Well, it actually doesnt matter if you ARE happy about your job and the pay (lol), but why post 100s of times here?
You surely must be aware of the fact that it WOULDNT HAVE MATTERED (!!!), even IF CF would have said "only 65% of that (= roughly $100.000) goes to the dealers". Jerry still wouldnt have tipped more on top of that, that`s so f-ing obvious!!!!!!
What is the POINT OF YOUR POST? Your pathetic attempt to make everyone here hate CF for giving that "COMPLETELY MISLEADING" adivce is ridiculous, cause that`s the only thing you wanted achieve with your posts. Back to psychology-class, noob!
You are a F-ING HATER, that`s all, as seen in your Phil H. thread! Get a life and stop badmouthing people who are in the spotlight, you are ridiculous to a point where it`s not even funny anymore and you know it!!! My best advice to you: stop dealing poker and get a job at some celeb-bashing magazine, I bet your attitude would make you CEO within months...
Old 07-20-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

please enlighten me, with an exact ammount, what you consider a "killing"

[/ QUOTE ]

$30,000 - $45,000 for 45 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY CRAP!! Thats what im taking home this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

who's doing the misleading? nobody cares that you have to pay taxes like the rest of us.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:37 PM

So why are people getting on Chris Ferguson's case here? He was asked his opinion, and I believe he truthfully stated it. There was about $148,500 in tip money taken out of the winners share of the prize money, and he thought it was sufficient. The fact that the tip money is split between dealers, floor and chiprunners is really no business of the winner leaving the tip, anymore than waiters being forced to split their tips with busboys and bartenders should matter to a person tipping at a restaurant. If the tip is distributed unequitably, the dealers need to take that up with Harrah's and their toke committee.

It sounds to me like some dealers are pissed because Jerry is a real nice guy, and without guidance he probably would have left more money. I think Ferguson gave advice that he felt was correct, and had no intention or reason to be misleading.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

its hard to bash chris ferguson here mostly because he was completely correct.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
been thinking about getting Yang to sign with Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You nailed the post until this quote.
WWJD?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think FT wants to sign Yang? I'd bet that they've already approached him - doubt it will be a 10-year, $1M/year deal, though!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I look alot better in a low cut blouse than your PC

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics, please.

I will tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a brief moment where this thread could have taken a better turn
Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WWJD?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think FT wants to sign Yang? I'd bet that they've already approached him - doubt it will be a 10-year, $1M/year deal, though!

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP.net has "first and last rights of refusal" to offer Mr. Yang an endorsement deal.

"First and last rights of refusal" is a standard practice for WSOP ME Final Table single-event endorsement arrangements.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WWJD?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP.net has "first and last rights of refusal" to offer Mr. Yang an endorsement deal.

"First and last rights of refusal" is a standard practice for WSOP ME Final Table single-event endorsement arrangements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Does "last right" means that FT can sign him if they match another deal?
Closed Thread