Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Running Backs (Pick 3)
Larry Johnson 18 33.33%
Willis McGahee 16 29.63%
Clinton Portis 1 1.85%
Thomas Jones 10 18.52%
Frank Gore 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: PPA should disassociate itself from scandal ridden CEO Poker tour

Lol @ doublejoker.

Sorry DJ but Maria is not coming back to the forums. She was caught red handed in several lies and she is unable to refute your numbers which are obviously true and are clear indicators of their theft.

Last night I sent Maria a PM asking her to respond to questions that I brought up in my post (made a couple responses after her statement) and she read my PM at 10:17. While she went on to make other posts in this thread she did not answer my questions because they were too incriminating.

If she were honest she would answer both your questions and mine. For that reason I am confident that we will not hear from her again.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not only should the PPA fix this QUICK so as not to get a black eye, so to speak, this couldnt help any of our causes incl certain Libertarian VP aspirations.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with all the 1st time posters finding this thread? Is it by magic, completely random, or just sheer luck?

Also, what is the reference to the Libertarian VP spew? Did I miss the memo?
Old 07-20-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found this on their website, you might find it interesting:

[ QUOTE ]

<u>Administrative Board</u>
President: Maria Gomez
CEO: William Peraza, Jr.
Public Relations Officer: Justin Bonomo
Outside Accountant: Arthur Anderson

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Outside Accountant: Aurthur Anderson

I found this pretty funny since Arthur Anderson = BUSTO!
Old 07-20-2007, 05:21 PM

Greg Raymer eyeing vice president seat in '08
Old 07-20-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg Raymer eyeing vice president seat in '08

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I did miss the memo. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 05:48 PM

I also don't understand how the PPA could even consider walking from this situation.

I would expect the message from the PPA would be "We will do everything possible to rectify this situation"
rather than "We may choose to simply walk away from this and let the people we are supposed to represent take care of it on their own".
Old 07-20-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Nigerian cameo that pops up on this site from time to time is probably my favorite troll on any message board ever.
Well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But it would be nice if the real Sup Bro gave us his take [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Incidentally, did anyone check this one, just for completeness:

Jeff Gordon
President/CEO
Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
“Embrace the Life of a Child”

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to bump my own post, but could this be checked?

[/ QUOTE ]

They seem legit. They've been around since 1994.

charityinfo link

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean that there weren't shenanigans going on. How did CEO pick this charity? Is anyone at either organization related - either by blood or marriage? If the answer to that is yes then I'd expect that this donation was not above board.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:01 PM

I feel for you guys who lost $$$ to this scam, but I hope you don't lose sight of what the PPA is doing for all of us and force them to divert resources to this legal mess. Did the PPA receive a cut of the entry fees, or were they just co-marketing partners in this?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:04 PM

I'll just address the PPA association with the CEO Tours in this post. First, clearly the CEO Tours operators used the PPA "partnership" to help give them credibility as a new player on the tour circuit. Secondly, the PPA clearly had not set up any procedure to verify that any organization that they would associate with meets a minimum standard of conduct. I would hope that they are doing a better job of scrutinizing contributions within the PPA itself, and are meeting federal standards. The PPA needs to set up a validation proceedure that will take place before they "partner" with any organization, they will need to periodically follow up to assure that these standards are mantained. They must require that any and all press that mentions the PPA will be approved by the PPA in advance, and the PPA needs to avoid words such as partnership, which infer a much closer relationship than actually exists. This is crucial to make sure that PPA's name is not tarnished, and because if their name used repeatedly to promote a for-profit company, they could face legal implications with their non-profit status, (what are they anyway, a 527, or 501 (C)(4))?

Not referring specifically to this case, but if a company misrepresents and falsely advertises their product, even negligently, in a long pattern, that constitutes contractual fraud. I sincerely hope that the PPA would immediately severe all ties to this organization, and will do so publically.

PRWeb Apr 25 -- The gears are beginning to turn once again for the Poker Players' Alliane in the inexhaustible quest to have the online game re-legalised in the United States. The PPA has now partnered with the CEO Poker Tour.

The CEO Poker Tour, where executives battle for the title of Chairman of Poker, is partnering with the Poker Players Alliance (PPA), which supports poker player rights, by strategically including PPA in the year long poker tour.

The partnership will include a strong presence at every tournament location to include: placement of PPA items and information in CEO Poker gift bags, poker room banner, CEO Poker website insertion with link to PPA website, logo on direct mail pieces, and more.

We see this as a long term relationship that will only grow over time.

"We are excited at the possibility of reaching more potential members through our inclusion in the national CEO Poker Tour," says Michael Bolcerek, President of the Poker Players Alliance. "The Poker Players Alliance is committed to defending the rights of poker players, and we search for opportunities, at strategic poker events through out the country, to further our message of protection of the poker game in the US and globally."

PPA's first strategic marketing presence will be at the CEO Poker Tour, at Trump Taj Mahal, May 19-25, where players will battle over the green felt of the poker table with buy-ins from $500-$5000.
"This is the first time that PPA will be included in a poker tournament kit and will mark an important step in furthering the support of thoughtful legislation to protect the game of poker," says William Peraza Jr. CEO of CEO Poker. "We see this as a long term relationship that will only grow over time."

PPA with over 350,000 members and counting is supporting poker player rights in a variety of ways, including partnerships with companies that believe in the importance of protection of the game.

The Poker Players Alliance is a nonprofit membership organization comprised of poker players and enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game, ensure its integrity, and, most importantly, to protect poker players' rights

CEO Poker Tour is an Executive Games company that produces executive games and events, where players network as well as compete for titles, cash and bragging rights. William Peraza, JR., CEO of Executives Games, and Maria Gomez, President of Executive Games, developed the concept of executive entertainment event productions to give players the ability to release stress, have fun and network. Executive Games is the ultimate in player competition.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/4/prweb521345.htm
http://poker.sportinglife.com/News/story_116787.shtml