Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 PM

Default Re: nba mvp?

I definitely do not see Duncan winning it. He's having a down year. He probably won't even be in the top 3 in voting.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely do not see Duncan winning it. He's having a down year. He probably won't even be in the top 3 in voting.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a down year? The glue and dominant player on the best team in the deepest conference? We are splitting hairs over his scoring being down by 1.5ppg? Down year for Duncan still can = MVP.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul Pierce of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha are you saying that because you know im a boston homer?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a down year? The glue and dominant player on the best team in the deepest conference? We are splitting hairs over his scoring being down by 1.5ppg? Down year for Duncan still can = MVP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Since he's already won a few people expect him to have dominant numbers. Since his numbers are down and his teammates have picked it up, TD won't get the recognition.

Nash won it last year and is actually having a better year this season. Nowitski finished 3rd last year -- behind Nash and Shaq, TD was 4th -- and he's picked up his game. Those two will get more recognition since they have improved from the previous year. Kobe, Chauncey, and LBJ will also get a lot of recognition for various reasons. Duncan is going to be down the list this year.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Duncan is going to be down the list this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm not being clear. I know he's going to be down the list. My point is that it's retarded.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:38 PM

Shawn Marion says hello.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deepest? There are only TWO conferences. Maybe DEEPER.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nash or Dirk. You don't give the MVP to a guy whose team is an 8th seed or not even in the playoffs in the case of Pierce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? It's most valuable player, not team. Without Kobe Bryant, this team would have 15 wins right now, and thats being generous.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nash or Dirk. You don't give the MVP to a guy whose team is an 8th seed or not even in the playoffs in the case of Pierce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? It's most valuable player, not team. Without Kobe Bryant, this team would have 15 wins right now, and thats being generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kobe is having a fine season, but he hasn't been so great that his play warrants the MVP when his team is barely in the playoffs. The MVP historically goes to players who have played exceptional basketball on the best teams in the league and I think rightfully so.

Name the last MVP to lead his team to an 8th seed.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM

I can't give the MVP to a guy on a team with a record barely above .500 - a team isn't a threat in the playoffs, sorry. I think Duncan is the most important piece of the best team in the NBA so he wins imo. But I understand that the media enjoys flashy and Duncan most certainly is *not* that.