Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is you made statements they we can all see where you were complaining about your pay. You want us to pretend you didnt write them or something. Why would you need a representative for dealers next year so things go better if there were no problems? You said there were problems with you pay. You said harah's should pay you more. Did you not say these things? If you did then obviously your complaining about your pay yes?

And i'm not insulting you. I'm ust not agreeing with your backpeddling. I have nothing against you except you seem to want to brainwash us all into beleiveng something other than what you wrote. We're not as stupid as you may think we are. Once you admit you said these things we would get off your back and move on in the discussion or move on period. You have basically insulted everyone in this thread yet you cry we are all insulting you. Noone is insulting you just not agreeing with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">This will be the last time that I will discuss anything with you sir. I very politely and thoughtfully responded to your unnecessary extra thread and did my best to answer your questions which were few and far between. I put up with your incorrect assumptions of my OP's intent and yet you still cannot agree to disagree. Fine.
As for the constant posts saying that I have complained about my job and or pay, I will explain that right here for the final time so pay close attention </font>
<font color="blue">Now I am not good at math without chips and cards infront of me but everything that goes into the toke pool must be shared between all dealers for that 11 days and going by CF’s number that he stated in the payout room to Jerry means that we should only recieve $214 for 11 days of work? Hmmm that doesnt sound to good to me </font>
<font color="red">I said this not intending to make everyone think that this is all I would be recieving for the main event. I could have worded this better meaning that for 11 days of dealing, this is aproxamitly what each dealer would get. I freely admit I am horrible at math unless it has to do with poker( go ahead, bash away) This is in no way meant as a whine or complaint towards my job/income and i can see how it could come across that way. Next... </font>
<font color="blue"> ....I should get paid alot more </font>
<font color="red">This is a part of a response to a very rude poster that insulted me and my line of work, so I gave it right back at him. It is more of an off color rant and in no way a gripe or whine about my job/pay. And again, I can see how it could be taken that way but that was not my intent. OK....READY....SET....FLAME! </font>
Old 07-20-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And a comment from DanM (author of original article) at Pokerati:

[ QUOTE ]
DanM Says:
July 19th, 2007 at 7:38 am
Laurie, thanks for clarifying some of the numbers issues....
[more text]
By the way, I didn’t intend to reveal that you were (one of) my super-secret inside source(s). But glad you were willing to say so ...
[more text]

[/ QUOTE ]

So it appears pkrporcupine is actually one of the original leakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

figures. I really cant stand when dealers try to hide there income but continually imply its no where near enough. Wont let the consumer know where they stand, well, the more I don't know where I stand in your world the less money they will receive from mine.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Fine by me honey, I told you earlier that I posted on dans site to correct some statements that were not true. I told you if that makes me unethical IYO, then so be it. But why would you call me unethical for posting what really happened and then in the same post put me down for not disclosing my income to you. Just exactly what rules are you playing by here? </font>
Old 07-20-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not understanding your point about Chris Ferguson's inaccurate statements, or half-truths. From what I can tell, the math presented in a number of posts throughout this thread seems to indicate that CF's estimate was on the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the posts in the earlier part of this thread. CF said the dealers were getting 2.0% of JY's win. Not even close. The dealers are in fact getting 2/3 (65%) of the 1.8% withheld for the staff or 1.2% (2/3 of 1.8). That is a 75% difference from 1.2% to the 2.0% which CF was quoted as saying. That is quite a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read:

[ QUOTE ]

Yang got:
$8,250,000
Without the 6% taken out, that would be:
$8,776,596.
1.8% of that is:
$157,978.

Now the article says he said $148,500, you say $170,000.
So where is his math so far off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line, his quoted figure for the amount taken out for tips was reasonably close.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lets just say it will be $30 per down. my roomate was sent home on day 5 with a total of 38 downs

[/ QUOTE ]

$30/down is $60/hour FOR EACH HOUR WORKED. I work a physically demanding job with limited hours (granted, it's mostly for fun) and I don't bitch that I don't get paid for hours I don't work. Perhaps Harrah's should schedule dealers more efficiently so that dealers aren't getting so few downs. I'm perfectly content paying no more than $60/hour, thanks.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not understanding your point about Chris Ferguson's inaccurate statements, or half-truths. From what I can tell, the math presented in a number of posts throughout this thread seems to indicate that CF's estimate was on the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the posts in the earlier part of this thread. CF said the dealers were getting 2.0% of JY's win. Not even close. The dealers are in fact getting 2/3 (65%) of the 1.8% withheld for the staff or 1.2% (2/3 of 1.8). That is a 75% difference from 1.2% to the 2.0% which CF was quoted as saying. That is quite a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read:

[ QUOTE ]

Yang got:
$8,250,000
Without the 6% taken out, that would be:
$8,776,596.
1.8% of that is:
$157,978.

Now the article says he said $148,500, you say $170,000.
So where is his math so far off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line, his quoted figure for the amount taken out for tips was reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">I am not disputing the ammount he stated, I am disputing the lack of detailed information CF provided JY when it came to the breakdown of that famous 1.8%. He explained everything else in full detail untill it came to the DEALERS pool which is only 65% of that 1.8%. The line on the payout sheet is gratuity for the dealers not the floor staff, unless the player clearly states "this much for the dealers and this much for the floor staff" Now CF cannot not play dumb here. He has been around the block and knows EXACTLY how the toke pool works and is pieced out. That is what pissed me off, plain and simple.</font>
Old 07-20-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lets just say it will be $30 per down. my roomate was sent home on day 5 with a total of 38 downs

[/ QUOTE ]

$30/down is $60/hour FOR EACH HOUR WORKED. I work a physically demanding job with limited hours (granted, it's mostly for fun) and I don't bitch that I don't get paid for hours I don't work. Perhaps Harrah's should schedule dealers more efficiently so that dealers aren't getting so few downs. I'm perfectly content paying no more than $60/hour, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY why I did not want to quote any amounts! This is absolutly absurd. y'all are just as bad as alot of the dealers i know, never happy with what you have, never happy with the answers to your burning questions, only happy when you are putting someone else down. I AM SOOOOO SORRY that I enjoy my job that is so freaking easy and that I make too much money. You dont like it? dont play the game!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY why I did not want to quote any amounts! This is absolutly absurd. y'all are just as bad as alot of the dealers i know, never happy with what you have, never happy with the answers to your burning questions, only happy when you are putting someone else down. I AM SOOOOO SORRY that I enjoy my job that is so freaking easy and that I make too much money. You dont like it? dont play the game!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA WHAT? How about you dont like not getting tipped more, dont DO THE JOB. We will play ,we just wont tip you excessive amounts. You are literally insane, and i suggest you stay a dealer, its fairly obvious you dont have all the screws upstairs to do anything else.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:17 AM

I have very politely and thoughtfuly responded to you as well. I beg to differ how polite you've been to me. You tell me this is the last time your responding to me is this nice or polite?

I never bashed you. I don't mind if your good at math. i mind that you are making us beleive that CF misled yang. When in relaity you were misleading us into making us think you only were recieving 214 dollars for 11days. You dont have to be good at math to know you made more than that for 11 days. So why did you mislead us?

Again i'm not attacking you. I know you may fele attacked as so many are disagreeing with you. But the thing you need to look at is why are so many disagreeing with you. We don't hate or dislike you. We just don't like you making misleading statements about a person who seems to be a very decent good person(CF). And mislaeding us into how much you make for us to feel sorry for you. When you made much more than you were inferring.

Anyway i wish you well in future. No hard feelings here.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 AM

pkrp,

"going by CF’s number that he stated in the payout room to Jerry means that we should only recieve $214 for 11 days of work?"

Why do you keep saying this? Do you still not understand that Chris was simply talking to Jerry about how much was withheld from only JERRY'S PORTION of the prize pool? It has been shown multiple times in this thread that based on the numbers you stated (1.8%, 65% of that to dealers) that the amount withheld for dealer tips from the main event tournament alone was over $700,000.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, no. I'm just going to keep up tipping my $1/pot (as opposed to the losing players who tip $10 for catching a gutshot in a $70 4/8 pot), and be content that my tipping habits make dealers $30-35/hour for live games.

I know you love your job, and I know you have to deal with some [censored] who berate you for no reason. I am not one of those people. I blame the dealers for nothing other than procedural errors/laziness, I tip reasonably well, and I am helpful about tossing my cards in far enough, and doing small things which make the dealer's job easier.

Dealing well isn't easy, but it's not rocket science. It is, in real world terms, semi-skilled labor. I don't think it merits $50-60 an hour in pay, and thus I will tip accordingly.
Closed Thread