Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: vector TD

[ QUOTE ]
i just died on the frog on level 39, hyachacahcha, i think my new idea can get me into the 40s though, gogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

Please share strats. For the hard map that splits to two then back to one here is my beginning:
1-build two green beginner towers in the middle section in the top left corner (diagonally adjacent) upgrade lower left one to lvl 2. send first wave. upgrade right one to lvl 2 asap. send second wave of reds. after they pass the greens sell the greens and build a lvl 2 red tower on the bottom right of the middle section.

2-sell the red tower and send next wave. use $ to build two green towers one in each corner of the middle section. upgrade both to lvl 2.

this should get u past lvl 3 with no or maybe 1 creep getting thru.

from there i keep upgrading the corner greens, add ice in the corners, then add two reds and upgrade them. eventually i build another ice in each corner as well. this should get you pretty far. from there i'm lost.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just died on the frog on level 39, hyachacahcha, i think my new idea can get me into the 40s though, gogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

Please share strats. For the hard map that splits to two then back to one here is my beginning:
1-build two green beginner towers in the middle section in the top left corner (diagonally adjacent) upgrade lower left one to lvl 2. send first wave. upgrade right one to lvl 2 asap. send second wave of reds. after they pass the greens sell the greens and build a lvl 2 red tower on the bottom right of the middle section.

2-sell the red tower and send next wave. use $ to build two green towers one in each corner of the middle section. upgrade both to lvl 2.

this should get u past lvl 3 with no or maybe 1 creep getting thru.

from there i keep upgrading the corner greens, add ice in the corners, then add two reds and upgrade them. eventually i build another ice in each corner as well. this should get you pretty far. from there i'm lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got here by putting a red in the corner at 6-across, 3-down. I sold it before the 2nd set of greens. I'm kind of stuck as to the best way to stop the yellows. I lost 3 on the first wave of them. The other 4 lives were lost on the 2nd bonus when I didn't upgrade the top right soon enough.

Any sugguestions?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 AM

on the frog i get to level high 20s before any of them get through, then i start to lose a few on each blue spinner level until i eventually die in the mid30s/high 30s level

do you want a starting strat level by level?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on the frog i get to level high 20s before any of them get through, then i start to lose a few on each blue spinner level until i eventually die in the mid30s/high 30s level

do you want a starting strat level by level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty amazing actually.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:12 AM

I cant break ~33ish or so on Frog. Its bugging me a lot. Need to rework strategy on it
Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 AM

here's my starting position on the frog:

how do i make that bigger and just of the image and not my whole screen? i'm not too good at screenshots yet.

those greens will take out level one.

start level 2, and upgrade each green to 2. as soon as you can, upgrade one to 3, then wait til you can do the other and make it 3 as well. that will kill level 2.

then send level 3, then level 4, and the towers will kill them as is.

send level 5 hard grey, and immediately upgrade each tower once, to 4. that will take care of this hard grey.

so far so good? take the cash bonus, send level 6, and here's where it diverges. as long as the two greens are upgraded to level 7 they'll take out all the yellows. i'm not sure if it's optimal to make them both max upgrade - lvl 10 - right away, and send the next few levels as is, or just make them 7 and slowly work upward. thoughts? oh and none should have gotten through your towers at this point, obviously.

edit, put them at 7 and leave them, makes more cash this way
Old 07-20-2007, 07:03 AM

okay just leaving the greens at 7, i finished level 9 blue spinners with 1389 left in gold, and i am going to upgrade both greens to 10 and add a blue tower one to the left of my left green, and one one to the right of my right green, after sending level 10 hard grey but before they get into my zone.

okay yeah that leaves me with less gold, duh.

okay so leave em at 7, then put em both at 10 and add the blues then send level 10.

just the greens unaided can't beat level 10 (the big yellow one gets through, and i'd rather not lose lives so early since i don't think it saves me a lot of money this early) so the blues have to get added.

i'm gonna go to sleep for now and will check again when i wake up. does this seem fairly optimal up to this point for you guys? after level 10 i have 908 gold, with the two greens at 10 and the two blues at 1. anyone get to this point with more gold and all 20 lives?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:35 AM

okay and the 10-10-1-1 that we have previously, beats levels 11-13 with no upgrades, so at end of 13 i have 2453 gold before i send the spinners. now i think there are several diverging choices. sometimes i add several blues and sometimes i add some power towers, often the double purples. what do you guys think here? it works if you just add two double purples, the left one two to the right of your left green, and the right one two to the left of your right green. that placement is important so they reach the middle alley un-upgraded, so they get three shots at the two waves. then you don't need to add any blues and you can beat several more levels this way w/o upgrading. i think this might be the best strategy? it just beat level 19, i have 4476 gold, all 20 lives, purple towers still un-upgraded. okay sleepy time now, gogogogo, tomorrow comes more!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:40 AM

OK I did everything very similar to what you did except I started my green and blue towers one space towards the entrance from where you did. Also I did not upgrade from 7 to 10 on the green towers during level 10. I waited until level 19 to upgrade to 10 and now I have beat 19 with 6032 gold no lives lost green 10-10 blue 1-1 purple 1-1
Old 07-20-2007, 07:02 PM

what level can you get to with that setup?