Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Fred-PLEASE change your tourneys!!!

Two things I've noticed since the change to 75% rakeback.

1) The number of players online at any time has dropped. Not a horrific drop, but definitely a noticeable one.

2) The guaranteed money tournaments, despite the declining number of overall players, have consistently been having more participants. Tournaments that routinely had decent overlays now have small overlays. I've seen several tournies go off lately without any overlay at all; something I had only very, very rarely seen in recent memory.

I don't expect guaranteed money tourneys to always have an overlay. As everyone here knows, some of the best tourneys on the net are guaranteed money tourneys that NEVER have an overlay. (I definitely agree that the addition of 3 weekly $5K added tourneys more than makes up for disappearing overlay, but that is away from my main point)

The overlay, though, was really the only thing that made the low buy-in tourneys at WPEX worth playing because the structure and blind levels are so bad. I think with the reduction of overlays WPEX seriously needs to adjust the structure of all it's tournaments.

The most important thing that can be done is changing blind levels to fifteen minutes....starting with the $5K added (and if you want these to be REAL VIP tourneys, think about 20 or 30 minutes with 3 or 5K starting chips pleasepleaseplease), weekly $5K, and nightly $1K....but hopefully across the board.

Hopefully at the same time you change to 15 minutes, you could change a few things about your blind levels. Several levels seem very fine, but a few jump too fast. I think you should add a 150/300 level, a 500/1000 level and a 800/1600 level most importantly. For deeper tourneys I think a 2500/5000 level and a 5000/10000 level should also be implemented. I would also like to see antes raised a bit on some of the higher levels, but at a lower priority than the implementation of new levels.

Many players asked for higher buy-in tourneys some time ago. You responded, but too extremely. You moved from your average tourney having a $5 or $10 buy-in, to "high stakes" tourneys with $100+ buy-in that rarely go off. Hell even your $50 tourney doesn't get that deep. Find a middle ground. Start by adding a $20 or $25 tourney...and start filling it by making it a reasonable guarantee. A $20 with a $7-800 guarantee or a $25 with a $1000 guarantee. Considering your normal tourney size, I don't think you'd have problems covering your guarantee too often.

With the addition of some of these changes, the tourneys would last a little longer. That's alright...it makes even those who don't win feel a bit more accomplished. But, you HAVE to add breaks. Get a 5 minute break in there every hour...or even every 90 minutes.

A bit more minor, but still "industry standard" would be late registration. Please begin to allow late registration through the end of level 1 (and, if you want, till first player busts).

Mostly, though, the point of this is to take the a lot of the crap-shoot out of your tourneys. They are currently push-fests very early (and your larger ones are ridiculous about this). That was somewhat acceptable when there were decent overlays to help make up for the variance. Now it's just intolerable. Especially your "VIP" tourney should have a respectable structure, but there's no reason to not go site-wide with changes.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Fred-PLEASE change your tourneys!!!

holdem review seems to be gone is there another place to get table mods?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 PM

Default More Cashout delays

"Sir, we are experiencing some tech difficulties with our cashier processing page. It is being worked on by our technical staff support to rectify the problem.

Once this page comes available we will resume the processing of our withdrawals.

The inconvenience is deeply regretted.

Regards,

Beckie
World Sports Exchange
Accounts Department"

The problems just don't stop. To be honest most of these problems would be less frustrating if they would just learn to communicate with people when the problems occur instead of waiting for people to get fed up with waiting and contact them.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Please change your tourneys

Excellent recommendations jafeather. I couldn't agree more. I also would love to be able to use Poker Tracker for my tourney play if for no other reason than to track my ROI at different levels of MTT's and SNG's.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM

I love the idea of adding mid stakes tourneys with guarantees, but I don't know if I want the blind levels increased to 15 minutes until they add hourly breaks.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Please change your tourneys *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven
Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the idea of adding mid stakes tourneys with guarantees, but I don't know if I want the blind levels increased to 15 minutes until they add hourly breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT -- right now, the bigger tournies usually only last about 3 hours, which quite long enough to go without breaks. 4+ hours without breaks would be ridiculous.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Cashout Issues

Ok this is now becoming some real bull. I requested my check on July 1st. I called last week they told me it will be here on wednesday. People who requested their checks on the 2nd got their checks this tuesday. I call yesterday and they tell me to expect the check today. I call today and they tell me next wednesday. What is with this garbage WSEX GM? I am getting absolutely screwed by this gross incompetence and the lies being told to me. On top of all this I paid 30$ for this quick method of mailing, which when I got a receipt with my last check it was shown that the cost for shipping was $13 canadian.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Cashout Issues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT -- right now, the bigger tournies usually only last about 3 hours, which quite long enough to go without breaks. 4+ hours without breaks would be ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, which was pointed out in my post above. Priorities are important, which is why it is at the bottom of my list. I think the MOST important thing is increasing the blinds. I think when that happens (which it will if we keep asking for it and my other points above), then you have no choice but to implement breaks. It is inconvenient now, but normally not a total pain. The latter only becomes necessary because of the former. That is why my first priority is increasing blinds and restructuring.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Ban, please.

Come back when you have something productive.
Closed Thread