Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your team?
Sean Taylor 4 26.67%
Troy Polamolu 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: July PT 2(LC/NC)**

[ QUOTE ]
lost 250BB pot due to river flush. just ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It sounds like you're running really really bad.
2. If it makes you feel any better I always thought you were one of the tougher 25NL players. You always had me in awkward or weird spots.
3. You playing 10NL doesn't seem right...
Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 PM

very nice. good job.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are 10man sng's, and the top3 get paid, but they just end after 15minutes. Blinds move up faster too.

Everybody just goes allin all the time, one time I finished fourth, and one time first for $12, still more fun then I have had grinding 100nl all day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i do dumb things like play those 3r 5r and 10r guarentees at pokerstars occasionally (like right now) just for a change of pace... only 8.3k at first break, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but im only in for 3 buyins, which is the least ammount possible, which is way unnormal for me, usually in for 7 or 8.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:23 PM

I had to stop playing. Plain and simple, right now I don't have the mindset for poker. I was up 5.5 BI at 10 NL in 30 minutes because the players are so bad. Spurned mainly by the 250 BB loss, I actually finished down 1.5 BI for the session. It's not one or two or three things that tilt me, it's just as they slowly build up over the course of a session and one major one happens to just totally demoralize me. That's what I don't know how to deal with. I know it always sounds like I come off as a whining bitch, but my whining isn't rooted in just a couple of bad beats. I definitely have no problem getting over them. But at this point it's been going on for a month and a half, and I have no idea what to do with it.

I'm trying, though. I've never believed in cutting my sessions short if I'm playing well and the game is profitable, but if I'm up 3 BI or something I'm just going to stop, take maybe a 30-60 minute break, and then do it again. I think in absolute terms it's still -EV, but whatever, I'm willing to try anything.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Notice about stealing blinds from Vyse

Not a good idea! First he will take it personal:

Vyse: dont worry, if
it's your perogative to keep
messing with me despite all
the other fish

Vyse: i'll be glad to go
along

AZ_PLAYA25: meh,
somehow I keep ending up at
your tables
AZ_PLAYA25: nothing
personal

Vyse: buit you know
who i am

Vyse: so stealing me
with 96 = really worth it?

AZ_PLAYA25: stealing blinds
with any 2 cards is worth it

Vyse: okay, keep
trying ti against me then
Vyse: hope you like
getting into tough spots at 10
nl

AZ_PLAYA25: k

Then he will proceed to teach the donks how he thinks they should play against you, and provide any observations he may have on your game at the table.

Vyse: raise his donk
bets. donk = weakness
Vyse: he's never
betting into the preflop raiser
with a great hand

Then he will use this vast knowledge to go on FPS and suck out for a buyin with A8>QQ AI pre flop, and break down your game some more:

Dealer: Vyse shows
two pair, Aces and Eights
Dealer: AZ_PLAYA25 shows
a pair of Queens
Dealer: Vyse wins the
pot ($18.15) with two pair,
Aces and Eights
AZ_PLAYA25: lmao
AZ_PLAYA25: nh

Vyse: one bad play
got me a ton of info too
Vyse: your opening
co range is almost as light as
your opening btn range
Vyse: A9 crushes that

Please tell me the fish where paying attention and will shove over my CO 3 bets with A9o!!!111
Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Notice about stealing blinds from Vyse

Actually I very rarely talk in chat, I usually have it off. (YOu can ask the other regs I've played with if you doubt it.) I messed with you intentionally once you told me who you were (I already suspected). It worked, too, as you were playing really badly.

EDIT: You also left as soon as I sucked out on you, which is weird because you said earlier you didn't mind playing against me if I was at your table.

EDITx2: And you're running like 52/23 or some nonsense, of course I'm going to poke fun at you.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
manchild, ive never had that problem at 100nl, but often at 400nl and 600nl id be up like a buyin or a buyin and a half and just quit.... I think this is ok if you dont need to play a lot of hands, arent clearing a bonus, and dont have rakeback.... if the wins are big enough for you, then dont worry about what everyone else thinks

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. And when you think about it, ~$100-$150/day... that's pretty close to ~$40k/year. And it feels oddly sustainable if I just quit after making a BI (its been working since the beginning of July).

Kabouter, what are those SNGs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go ahead and explain why this is a bad idea. I'll take my day today for example. I made 4 buyins in about 15 minutes (brag!) because I made good hands against bad players and didn't get sucked out on. Instantly, I'm inspired. I wanna go out and kick ass on the tables, and for the next couple of hours, won a couple more buyins. So now, I'm feeling confident, which helps me play at the top of my game. I'm also more willing to gamble on marginally +ev situations.

So let's hypothetically say I quit after I won a buyin today. I'm happy with my modest profit and I have the day free to do whatever. I come back tomorrow and wtf?? I get stacked 3 times in my first 20 hands to bad beats. Me personally, I don't tend to spew if I'm a little tiled, but I can be too weak tight. So now I'm missing marginally +ev situations because I don't want to gamble, I'm generally not playing too well, but not horrible and I put in some ridiculous number of hands to try to reach my "up 1 buyin" figure. I've effectively lowered my hourly rate by playing more when I'm not playing at my best and playing less when I am.

Not to mention variance, number of hands, meowchowchow.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:29 PM

Vyse I think you have major problems....
Old 07-19-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a good idea! First he will take it personal:

Vyse: dont worry, if
it's your perogative to keep
messing with me despite all
the other fish

Vyse: i'll be glad to go
along

AZ_PL SNIP...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck, dude I think you need a few days off.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vyse I think you have major problems....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, please dissect me Dr. Phil. No, I'm actually quite serious.

If purposefully being an ass in chat to a maniac 2p2 who I know and who knows me is having problems, I'm guilty as charged. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread