Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 AM

Default KK

Villain here is a pretty aggro Asian lady regular. She always bets when checked to and tries to steal a lot of pots, but she can make some tight laydowns when she finally knows she's beat.

Commerce 20. She raises in MP, I 3-bet black KK from the SB, folded back to her and she calls.

Flop is J84 with 2 diamonds. I bet, she calls.
Turn is Qd. I check, she bets, I raise, she calls.
River is Kd. I bet...
Old 07-19-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: KK

If she raises you have to call, because a lot of players think that no way you're gonna call without a 4th diamond,and she has to know she is beat between your 4th street cr and the river diamond. There's not a lot of value in your line. I don't think there are many worse hands she is calling with besides KQ. I like check-calling.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:24 AM

If you bet this river against this player you must fold to a raise. Normally this would be a check/fold, but given your description I can see a check/call, or even check/raise.

At this point I'd put her on a J or Q with a "oh I have a diamond so I might as well see a river".
Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Very sexy.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:59 AM

Given this read, the turn is sexy. What is your plan for a 3-bet?

Is this the kind of villain who is aware of the suits of her cards at all times? If not and she didn't recheck her cards, her most likely holdings are Qx or Jx. As of the river, you ahve pulled ahead of 2 pair that may not have 3-bet because of the board and your strong turn action. Couple this with the read and I think b/c > c/c > b/f.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:29 AM

There's some good talk about this in the highstakes forums. I don't have the desire to go fish, but they named your river play after a guy. Saying if the river brings a 4flush and you are first to act, you MUST bet. Everything that happens after that is very much dependant on your opponent. If your opponent knows you will bet into ever 4 flush, they can raise with no flush hoping half the time you are behind here. All this to say that I like the river bet. But in this case based on how you described her, I fold to a raise.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 AM

rafiki: The Clarkmeister theorem applies to loose passive opponents who are straightforward, not aggro bluffs.

Folding here when she only needs to be bluffing 1:11.5 times is lighting TEH MONIES on fire.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:44 AM

ah cool, I didn't recall that stipulation. Oddly enough they got into talk about counter measures against the clarkmeister move. How would a passive player pop your river bet with air ? I think maybe there's a little more to it then that, but I would agree that the move is much less efficient against aggro Asians. But I still like the bet with a set against her holding.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM

Turn c/r is hawt.

River sure looks like you're beat, but I still like a bet better than a check. You are folding to a raise?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn c/r is hawt.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya I *really* liked that also. We cr anything other then J or A pretty much ?