Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Mid Set, Flop Wet RR to me......

shove. people are dumb, they'll call with two pairs and pair/draw combos and mabye even just a pair of tens.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:39 AM

Yeah Capone this is the guy that had me worried an non aggressive player gets busy after the flop.. I had no reads on him at that point just seemed pretty solid bet with a hand guy....

In response to abc dude.. you cant presume all your opponents are idiots just because you play at low stakes... you have to presume until proven otherwise that all your opponents are sane rational poker players...

I actually shoved here (kinda auto pilot) then felt like a bit of a dick straight after for not thinking it through properly...

I think a call here could be fine... even finding a fold if your really struggling for a line....

After lots more hands with CO later that evening his stats were 24/14/2 (225) and he appeared to be set mining also...

taking that to account do your poooosh opinions change???
Old 07-19-2007, 06:44 AM

shove. CO could have combo draws two pairs not just flop str8's your ahead of his range. Even if he flopped a str8 u have outs to win.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:00 AM

Are you serious about folding? Easiest shove there is.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:05 AM

With stack sizes the way they are, I only see one option and that's a shove. If you are up against a made straight, then it's your job to boat up by the river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If it's set v set, c'est la vie and rebuy. I don't think many of us are at the level here where laying down a set is a good thing for 100BB's.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think a call here could be fine... even finding a fold if your really struggling for a line....

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is unbelievably bad in this spot. There are too many bad cards that can come that will take the hand away from you if your good, but definately kill your action if your ahead.

If your afraid to get the money in the pot with this hand here, or results orientated, you got to work those issues out. As I mentioned in earlier post, take a look at pokerstove and run your hand versus a range of hands. If you lost to the straight or didnt get any further action, your slightly results orientated.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is close between folding and shoving. what do u think the co is reraising with with a player left to act...??? most probably he has the str8 imo. with these stacks i shove tho probs

[/ QUOTE ]

its not close
Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 AM

I have this discussion before on a simialar thread to this regarding folding sets etc...

even if we run these usual ranges through poker stove w/e and we find that it is slightly +EV I dont agree that you should just shove blindly on the EV sayso.....

We are being given information here from our opponents and it is important that we use it...

I am facing a raise and a reraise from two tight opponents I got to take that into consideration...

If someone has pokerstove could they run he usual ranges then because we(I) are(am) assuming one of them has a made hand here change the range of one opponent to just a made hand (straight/set) and one with the usual range then see what the EV differance is ....

TIA
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In response to abc dude.. you cant presume all your opponents are idiots just because you play at low stakes... you have to presume until proven otherwise that all your opponents are sane rational poker players...

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously not true - most people are seriously stupid at these stakes and have insane leaks. For me it is the opposite - idiots untill proven clever.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:10 AM

shoving is goot