Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Adjustments from 6max to FR

OK, thanks for the tips.

...and WTF is up with all the limp-reraising? Do they actually have what they represent, or are they just sick of me raising on the Button with crap every time they limp?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:06 PM

depends on who is doing it...most of the time, they are for realz
Old 07-19-2007, 06:06 AM

lol I threw in a few limp-reraises for fun yesterday and had aces [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I do it in the hope that that action goes limp limp raise 3bet 4bet me allin but usually it leaves me in a [censored] spot. Doesn't anyone limp-call aces or is this a dumb idea? I think I'm wasting deception at 25nl and should do some tricks a few levels up.

Some more q's

a. In NLTAP, it's recommended to limp suited connectors and suited aces in early position. Is anyone showing any profit doing this at tables which average stats of 20/7?

b. What ranges do you put utg and utg+1 raisers on? I'm having a little trouble estimating ranges for EP players. Stats don't help much as the number of hands required to get an accurate % for utg vpip is huge.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol I threw in a few limp-reraises for fun yesterday and had aces [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I do it in the hope that that action goes limp limp raise 3bet 4bet me allin but usually it leaves me in a [censored] spot. Doesn't anyone limp-call aces or is this a dumb idea? I think I'm wasting deception at 25nl and should do some tricks a few levels up.

Some more q's

a. In NLTAP, it's recommended to limp suited connectors and suited aces in early position. Is anyone showing any profit doing this at tables which average stats of 20/7?

b. What ranges do you put utg and utg+1 raisers on? I'm having a little trouble estimating ranges for EP players. Stats don't help much as the number of hands required to get an accurate % for utg vpip is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you limp aces from EP and don't get raised preflop, be sure you can fold them postflop. Playing a pair OOP sucks. There might be a table where limping aces would be a good play but I've never seen it.

UTG raise range depends on the player. Some are more aware of position than others. Default without a read I'd figure on AQo+, 99+, AJs+