Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 12:16 AM

Default NL25 - 78s in BB vs CO min-raise

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $60.50
Hero (BB): $26.35
UTG: $26.10
CO: $43.35
BTN: $9.40

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 62/17/2.5 over 58 hands. My notes on him say that he min-raises with the nuts. Thoughts?</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.50</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($4.10) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.30</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $30.00</font>, Hero calls all-in for $8.05
Uncalled bet of $5.65 returned to CO

River: ($52.80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $52.80 ($2 Rake)
Old 07-19-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: NL25 - 78s in BB vs OTB min-raise

Based on your read I do not like the flop lead..You will be raised a large % of the time...Also your read says he min raise with the nutz..So he is very likely to bet weakly and give you cheap cards to hit your draw...

I like the B3B turn line over a C/R...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:26 AM

Well, he obviously min or near-min raises with non-nut hands too, because the nuts on the flop is not the nuts on the turn.

I'm comfortable with this. Take it to BBV.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:36 AM

KEW,

Don't I want to build the pot on this flop?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take it to BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like a mod ruling on this one. Seriously, though, I am looking for a good line vs this type of opponent.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: NL25 - 78s in BB vs CO min-raise

It seems okay to me.

In my opinion, the flop lead is all right but I think you need some folding equity. I'm not really looking to build a big pot with a hand that's going to miss on the turn 4/5 of the time and also isn't even a draw to the nut straight. This depends partly on Villain's betting patterns, but, if he has a good hand, I don't want to encourage him to charge me more on the turn by bloating the pot on the flop. If he's a habitual under-bettor, though, then I guess this isn't as much of a concern. But although it's hard to rely on implied odds when out of position anyway, bloating the pot before we hit is nevertheless going to hurt our implied odds and in some cases will make it harder for us to get to the river.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: NL25 - 78s in BB vs CO min-raise

I don't like your flop donk. I don't like your turn donk. That's one fishy line. If you want to take it down on the flop, c/r. IME in a situation like this you have no FE because it looks so fishy. I'd raise you big here with ATC if I were CO. I#d probably go for a float here since the board has a good chance to have missed him, I have great outs to call a bet on the flop and there are few cards that could give him a draw that he decides to chase.
Anyway, these turn donks are dangerous because they usually just get called. C/r him. If he pushes, you should realise that you are somewhat drawing at the idiot end. I'd still get the money in but with a fist pump.